Thursday, June 1, 2023

Summer Breezes at The Four Seasons Challenge

Well friends, Summer is here.  I hope you're ready for warmer temps, vacations and beach time.  There's another FAB challenge starting today over at The Four Seasons Challenge where you can share anything that says SUMMER to you.  Here's what I came up with for this challenge.
I used cardstock for my base and I rubbed Tumbled Glass Oxide Ink to the background.  Next, I used a bubble stencil to create the water bubbles you see.  The sentiment, jelly fish, fish and seaweed are all from Paper Sweeties.
When I first saw the inspiration photo, I knew this one would be a true challenge for me.  I wasn't sure what direction to go with my card because I don't, to the best of my knowledge, own any shell stamps.  The beach image started calling to me, and I just went in that direction.  I accidentally stamped ON MY PAPER the upside down jellyfish because I'd left it on my Misti.  Woops!  So, upside it was.  I had to work around it because I wasn't about to start over at that point.  My motto is that you can always fix or hide a mistake.
We really do hope to have you stop by The Four Seasons Challenge to play along with us this month.  You don't (ever) have to follow the inspiration photo in a literal manner.  It's simply a starting point for your own creativity, so any Summer creations are welcome.  We'll see you in blogland.

I'm playing along here:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

As You Like It Challenge Blog - Brights or Pastels and Why?  Well, for this card I used more of a soft pastel color theme and the reason why is because I'm guessing that's what it looks like underwater.  The soft sweet colors you just might see in the depths of the waters.

Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

  1. A cute and fun card Karen - love your background with the bubbles - beautifully created
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a cute Summertime creation Karen! Love your background ... perfect with these cute little jellyfishies lol. Another awesome DT project to inspire us. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! How wonderful, love the jelly fish with the marvellous sentiment, a wish I would love hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card, I think it is perfect for the challenge. I will be going over to four seasons, have a blessed weekend.
    God Bless you always.
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really cute underwater scene you created here. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This so awesomely CUTE!! what a great save too and I can't tell you how many times I have done that and probably will keep on doing it LOL!! I love the added bubbles and the colors and the fabulous sentiment too!! Great inspiration for us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Karen :-) the jellyfish are super cute and I love that one is swimming along happily upside down! A happy mistake! It looks FAB! Love the background too, very cool!

    Congratulations you have won the $25 gift certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your voucher
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Karen on your gorgeous little card and winning on SSS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your Simon Says Stamp win Karen! Your card is super cute~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.