Friday, February 17, 2012

A Friend Loveth at All Times

Proverbs 17:17 tells us that "A friend loveth at all times".  So, I consider myself very blessed to know that I have at least one true Biblical friend.  I met Patti Lyn when we were 4 years old - that's 42 years ago now.  I picked her up at the airport yesterday evening and we've been having fun since then, and I'm looking forward to a precious week with her.  Last night when she got here, she gave me this card that she made for me.
This photo doesn't do the card justice.  It's just beautiful.  I consider myself beyond blessed to have this precious friend.  We've shared a lifetime of memories, songs, joys and triumphs and life's valleys as well - she's just always been there for me.  What a blessing to have a Proverbs 17:17 friend for life.

I'm entering this card at Diana Larson's challenge here:
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/2012/02/february-16-2012-thankful-thursday-new.html - Yellow with a Butterfly
My Cup Runneth Over,

Karen

12 comments:

  1. so so sweet...love the vintage image and great TC paper...great design..

    Happy Weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to have a longtime friends like that! Her card is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, just beautiful, enjoy your time with your friend. Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower buttons and papers are fabulous on this card! I'm so glad that you are able to spend some time with such a special friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful, blessed visit with your "bestie". The card she made you is gorgeous. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - and those friends are so precious.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cleverly made card. it's beautifull. hugs, marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beaautiful card. Enjoy your time with your friend. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and even better when it was made by such a special friend! A friend like yours is one to treasure! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  10. how lovely! you are truly blessed to have such a special friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty I love the sentiment.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Just came from Diana L's DLART site and you won a gift certificate for the Thankful Thurs Ch Yellow & Butterfly. You need to contact Diana.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.