Saturday, June 9, 2012

You're Simply The Best

I really don't have a lot of stamps.  I gave away hundreds of stamps years ago when I got more involved in scrapbooking.  Now, the trends are turning back to stamps, and there are so many AMAZING stamp companies out there with the most darling stamps.  I wish I could own them ALL, but I cannot.  I have to get by with what I can afford to buy (which is limited right now), and what I have won or been given on-line.  I am very blessed, and appreciate what I have.  I was able to enter a few really fun challenges by utilizing the stamps I do have in my collection.  I would be SO excited to win any of these prizes.
I am entering the challenge (again) at Creative Card Crew with this card.  I made it for my husband, cuz he is the best to all of us.  It made me think of that song by Tina Turner, "You're Simply The Best".  Here is a link to their challenge:
http://www.creativecardcrew.blogspot.com/2012/06/challenge-12-song-inspired.html - Creative Card Crew/Song Inspired Challenge #12
"Youre Simply The Best" - by Tina Turner

I used Just Rite Stamp - You're the Best from the Friendship Nested Sentiments Collection

http://www.marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com/2012/06/speedy-fox-and-friends-challenge-111.html - Mark's Finest Papers/Speedy Frox and Friends - Black and White Challenge (with another color) - My patterned papers are black and white, and of course, I've added red to make it pop.  I just LOVE this company.  They have the cutest stamp sets, and I would SO love to win.

Also, MME Cowabunga, Oh So Very Cool Die-Cut
Authentique and Melissa Frances patterned papers
Cosmo Cricket Ribbon
Vintage Buttons, jute
Ranger Ink
Machine Stitching

That's about it.

Thanks for stopp by to take a peek.  Have a blessed day.

Karen

16 comments:

  1. This is great thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Karen. There are lots of challenges around at the moment with red, white and blue as the theme. This would be an ideal card for them

    Hugs, Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This old car is fantastic! Love the ribbon and buttons with your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great masculine card Karen - love the stitching and the sentiment presentation.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS masculine card, Karen, with that awesome old car, your creative ribbon/button treatment for your sentiment and your tried-and-true red, white & blue color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! This is a GREAT card for your hubby! So glad you found time to join us for the masculine challenge at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi love the card you have made realy nice sending hugs craft-mad-manning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Good luck. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I just signed up to follow your blog, too: cute cards! I won't be able to do the challenge this week because I'm heading to Mississippi today to try to get there in time to welcome my new grandson to the world, but I will play when I get back in July. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great card for your husband! I'm sure he'll really appreciate it. Thanks for playing along this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! Manly cards are difficult sometimes. This is wonderful. Thanks for joining in Creative Card Crew this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun image! Thanks for playing at Speedy Fox and Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Such a great card for a man. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. I love the old station wagon. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.


    Karen can you contact me at djchrist01221971@gmail.com, I would like to discuss something with you.

    Thanks
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey there,

    thanks so much for joining the Creative Card Crew on this week's Challenge "Inspired by a Song"!

    Make sure to check back to see who'll be drawn as Top Three and who'll be our Winner.

    Hugs and good luck, Elisa (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.