Friday, August 31, 2012

You're Sweet

As I've mentioned before, I am SO grateful to God for the friendships I've made here in blogland.  So many wonderfully talented people have blessed me along the way; especially as I was beginning my blogging journey.  When I first started, I literally knew NOTHING about how to run a blog.  I just asked the Lord to guide me, and by His hand I have experienced something I could have never imagined.  One of the many sweet people who have blessed and inspired me is the very talented Viola Mahr.  She lives all the way over in Singapore, but through the wonder of the internet, she has blessed me several times by the clicks of her computer mouse.  Long before she did my blog banner and, more recently, the Word Art Wednesday blog banner, she gave me a page of darling digital images that I had seen her use many times.  They are the most adorable little cupcakes, cakes and pastry images that she was selling in her Etsy shop.  I used one of these sweet images to create this little card I'm sharing today.  I have a little box of crafting goodies and vintage notions going out in the mail to Viola this week to thank her for all her help.  So, this little card with the sentiment "You're Sweet" is for Viola to thank her for all the kind things she has done for me.


I'm entering this little card in the following challenges:

http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-bit-of-free-for-all.html - Papertake Weekly Challenge Blog - A Bit of a Free-for-All Challenge - This card uses their Sketch #51

http://www.citycrafter.blogspot.com/2012/08/city-crafter-challenge-blog-week-124.html - City Crafter Challenge Blog - Week #124 - Bake Sale

http://www.stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.com/2012/08/challenge-154-isaiah-648.html - Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge Blog - Dies, Punches, Etc. - I used a Martha Stewart punch for the border.

http://www.simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/08/simon-saysanything-goes.html - Simon Says Stamp Challenges - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

http://mfpspeedytv.ning.com/page/friends-of-speedytv-challenge-35-08-27-12 - Friends of Speedy TV - What Does Labor Day Mean to You?  I want to thank Viola for the "labor of love" she has given me.  I used Mark's Finest Papers sentiment stamp "You're Sweet" from their Celebrate Big stamp set.
 
If you have a special someone who has blessed you, whether in your blogging, crafting, or just in general, I encourage you to take the time this week to thank that person for their kindness.  We often feel grateful but forget to tell people how much we appreciate them.  So, just make sure they know how grateful you are.  We never know how many opportunities we will have to tell someone thank you.  Don't pass up the opportunity.
 
I know I say this a lot, but I am truly grateful for each of you.  When you stop by and leave me comments, it encourages me and blesses me.  I try very hard to also visit all of your blogs to see your art and comment there.  Please know that I do remember you all in prayer, and I often thank God for the friends He has given me in blogland.  You are all so sweet.
 
Have a blessed day,

Karen

25 comments:

  1. Karen
    This is adorable.
    Love all the embellishments.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is so pretty! I know Viola will love it. She is the sweetest person and a wonderful crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. She will love it. I love the layering and those cupcakes look si YUMMY>

    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, you have a wonderful soul and I am so blessed to know you! How wonderful to send your friend a card to let her know that she touches your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Karen - and yes, there is nothing like a 'thank you', however it is expressed, to encourage someone.
    Thank you for your friendship and encouraging words too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous, thoughtful card. I'm so glad the Lord brought you into my life as well! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen, thank you so much for leaving me a message to contact Mandy, I had forgotten to check and am not usually lucky so I'm elated. So kind of you. I will be putting some candy on my blog in the next few days if you want to check back.
    Your card is wonderful. I love the lace too, your friend will love it.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen this is just beautiful. All the elements woks so perfectly together. Thanks for becoming a Follower over at my blog - I have returned the favour here and look forward to your next beautiful creation. Wishing you a fab weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Karen...I am delighted to see such wonderful comment you left in my blog. I am so happy to find a Blog of crafters in the Lord. I am truly blessed! Thank for the compliments on my creations and after visiting yours, I must say you are given by the Lord such talent yourself. You have a wonderful style and sure love going through some of your work. I am a new follower and sending you all the blessings our Lord has promised in His Word. Hugs always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, that is so very sweet, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card!! I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated!
    I appreciate YOU and all the encouragement you are with every comment on my blog!! You are a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen, what a beautiful card and what a beautiful blog post!!! I love your gorgeous bow! What a fabulous way to interpret the Labor Day challenge. TFS your work and your thoughts with us! Thanks for playing along with FOSTV this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen, me again just to let you know I have followed you for a while hun.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an adorable card ... beautiful image .. and like you I too feel blessed to have met so many wonderful people in Blogland ... Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card. You are so talented. Thanks for your visit and sweet comments on my blog. I have only been blogging for about 6 months. Very new to me. I just recently figured out how to do a new header. Ha!

    Thanks for your invitation to your blog and to Word Art Wednesday. I will be joining in soon. Can

    Can't believe you have never done a lot of fold cards. Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful post and a beautiful card Karen.

    Thank you for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Karen, I love all the wonderful details.

    Thanks for the visit. Your comments were very heartfelt Karen, thank you so much. Carole xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet friendship you have with Viola. The card is lovely and a great way to say thank you to a special person. I'm glad you're sharing this week with FOSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous card Karen, your design and colours are fabulous, your image is scrumptious and such wonderful details.

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful lace and card Karen!! A wonderful blog post too!!Thank You for sharig your adorable card with us this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Karen, so very pretty, I love the image, the colours it's all just perfect.
    A lovely post today Karen and such true words.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is adorable. I just love you cupcake image. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  23. magnifique cette dentelle toute délicate, très chic et féminin, biz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful blog - how about my blog? Comes to some http://www.achim-mueller.blogspots.de Greetings from Berlin - Germany

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.