Monday, July 28, 2014

Funky Junk at The Kraft Journal

For this week's "Funky Junk" Challenge, I wasn't quite sure what to create.  But, looking at all my fun Kraft Outlet supplies, it just kind of came together.  I really hope that you will stop by to play along with us this week.  We'd LOVE having you share your interpretation of "Funky Junk" with us.
I started with pieces of Precut Chipboard and created a mini album (bound using my Zutter).  The front has a decorated Small Kraft Paper Sack.  On the right, you will see a Tim Holtz Memo Pin holding a (hope) Tim Holtz Journaling Ticket & Adage Ticket as well as some Black & White Polka Dot Washi Tape and a cute sticker from the Jenni Bowlin General Store Postage Stamp.  On the left, you'll see another snippet of the Black & White Polka Dot Washi Tape and a Round Metal-Edged Grungy Prim Tag with a (5 cent) Jenni Bowlin Flatback Flair.
On this page, I created a photo mat from Pre-Cut Chipboard and touched  its edges with cream acrylic paint.  There's another length of the Black & White Polka Dot Washi Tape at the bottom border, and on the left side you will see a Mini Kraft Merchandise Bag which holds a Jenni Bowlin Vintage Mini Deck Journaling Card.  It's decorated with some Ephemera, and a postage sticker from the Jenni Bowlin General Store Postage Stamp Sticker Set.  I also die-cut a Papertrey Ink flower using a Vintage Gin Rummy Sheet.  I absolutely LOVE including the Kraft Outlet's different Lunch Sack/Kraft Paper Bags in my mini albums to use as journaling pockets, or a place to hide a gift card, tuck in photos, etc.  They're just SO versatile.

Thanks for visiting me today, and don't forget about this week's "Funky Junk" Challenge at The Kraft Journal.  We'd LOVE for you to join us.

Be blessed,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. You make the neatest mini albums and this one is no exception! Love your interpretation of "Funky Junk."

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice I love it Great news . my PC is down I am hoping it is better by tonight so i can post on the rest of the challenges
    Blessings
    hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful we mini album - love the colours you have used.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Karen. Love the retro vintage look.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Karen. I must make some of these little albums

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.