Monday, November 3, 2014

Critter Challenge at The Kraft Journal

This week at The Kraft Journal, our challenge theme is "Critters".  To be perfectly honest, I struggled a bit with this project.  I wanted to make a turkey (for Thanksgiving), but I ended up with what I'm calling a "Churkey".  That's a chicken and a turkey combined (LOL).  I used some great Kraft Outlet products including some red and Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock to create the fans.  I cut the Cardstock into strips; and then using my Bone Folder Tool, I scored lines into them and then folded the cardstock pieces to create the fans.  I hot glued  everything together (including the chicken head).  I added a Tim Holtz Journalling Ticket (Live) that is held with a Tim Holtz Memo Pin.  I really hope you will join us by creating a special project for this week's Critter Challenge.  Why not treat yourself to some great new Kraft Outlet goodies, and then linking up with us.  You could be the lucky winner of the $15 Kraft Outlet Gift Certificate.
So, this is my "Churkey", and however pitiful it may be....at least I was creative, right?  I really hope you'll stop by to play along in this week's Critter Challenge at The Kraft Journal, as well as our Anything Goes Challenge at Word Art Wednesday.  We're always grateful to have you share with us in our challenges.

I'm sharing my "Churkey" in the following:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges - Anything Goes

Have a blessed week,
Karen

10 comments:

  1. I think it's WONDERFUL! Do you have a pattern for the body? I have some burlap that would be great to make a churkey with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, that turkey is absolutely ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Karen what a outstanding Great terrific card I love your Turkey. it is just fabulous!!! I don't have enough words to say what a wonderful job you have done..
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen I just love your churkey. And it's not in the least bit pitiful! They would make fabulous place settings for your Christmas and Thanksgiving tables

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, this is awesome! Love your Churkey. ;) Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Amazing churkey!! I'd be proud to have this on my table, and it's perfect for me as I am a vegetarian :) Gobble, Gobble!! ~ Christi http://art-without-anxiety.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your name, Churkey - it's certainly a cute creation and very innovative!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do a great job here,it's cute and awesome Karen :)
    Also loves your creations they all pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute "churkey" and so very creative too! What a fun idea for place settings for any holiday table, especially Thanksgiving! Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.