Friday, January 30, 2015

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

Hello, crafty friends!  I'm sure you've all seen the many clever and creative ways that brides-to-be are using to ask their friends to be in their wedding party.  Well, today I'm sharing an idea for the bride-to-be to ask her friends to be a bridesmaid using several of the FABULOUS ribbons, trims and goodies found at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Our daughter, Alicia, is getting married in July and this was her idea.  I made three of these cards (all very similar) for her to send to her Bridesmaids and Maid of Honor to ask them in a special way to share this VERY special day with her and her fiancée, Nathan.
Front of Card
I used a kraft card, and layered patterned paper to that.  I created my sentiments by running vellum paper through my computer printer to include the desired wording.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the decorative edge on the bottom of the vellum and cream cardstock.  I ran a length of Parrot Green Burlap String across the decorative edged border.  At the top of the card, I ran a length of Celery Green Plaid Ribbon and created a bow with it as well.  I layered on small bows of the Parrot Green Burlap String and Ivory Burlap String and then added Ivory Open Roses and Parrot Green Open Roses.
Inside of Card
The inside of the card has the same patterned paper, and again the vellum was run through the printer to ask the big question, "Will you be my bridesmaid?"  Again, I ran a length of the sweet Parrot Green Burlap String across the top to tie it together with the front of her card.  By purchasing a few simple products at Really Reasonable Ribbon and creating your own cards, you save money AND create something uniquely your own.  We hope you will check out ALL the great ribbons, trims and embellishments at Really Reasonable Ribbon and give it a try for yourself.  Then, come play along in our challenge to show us what you've created.  We always enjoy seeing your sweet creations.

Thanks for visiting, and happy crafting!
Karen
 

6 comments:

  1. This is very cute, Karen. I love vellum but rarely use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DELIGHTFUL!! What a great idea, I love this~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and a stunning card. Absolutely beautiful.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic, Karen! What a great idea and so pretty!! This is such a great keepsake for all of the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. c'est super chou, je n'avais jamais vu une carte sur ce sujet...très mignon, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet idea. Cute card and it'll be a treasured keepsake for all the girls in the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.