Monday, May 25, 2015

Emboss It at The Kraft Journal

For this week's "Emboss It" Challenge, I used my favorite Cuttlebug embossing folder.  It's called Swiss Dots, and I inked it a bit to make the embossed dots a bit more visible.  My card started with a Small Lunch Bag Kraft Note Card to which I added a piece of Melissa Frances floral patterned paper, and my embossed paper (in pink).
Next, I added a Tim Holtz Journaling Ticket, and on top of that is my sentiment which was also applied to a scrap of my embossed paper, and is wrapped with a length of Light Green Baker's Twine.  The sentiment is a rub-on that I attached using my Bone Folder Tool which really helps apply rub-ons with ease.  I also made a sweet flower using a My Favorite Things die-cut and some inked Vintage Dictionary Pages.  I tucked a Maya Road stick pin into the flower; and in the center of my flower, you'll see a sweet mint green PTI button that's tied with Oatmeal Cream Seam Binding.  The chipboard heart is from Maya Road, and was painted ivory and sprinkled with ultra-fine glitter.  I also added a couple snippets of vintage lace in a couple of spots, and also a Tim Holtz Rusty Mini Paperclip at the top right.
Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello and take a peek at my card.  I really hope that you will join us for this week's Emboss It Challenge.  We always enjoy seeing your wonderful cards and projects, and appreciate you playing along with us.  Who knows.....YOU may be the lucky winner of the $15 gift certificate to The Kraft Outlet.  Good luck!

I'm linking my card here:
Stamp & Create Challenge - May Challenge/May Flowers
 
Have a blessed week,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Lovely shabby shic card, Karen! Love all the mix of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is really pretty. I'm going to try hard to play along this week.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your textural embellishments on this Karen - it's gorgeous.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh la la c'est tellement joli... Biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! I love all the little details you've managed to squeze on to this little beauty
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.