Sunday, September 27, 2015

Guest Designing at Scrappy Moms

This is my second (and final) post as part of my Guest Design spot at Scrappy Moms Stamps.  I've decided to include both of my projects in this one post.  Scrappy Moms isn't having a blog hop, or really even posting much about their new release.  But I wanted to share another, more "Patriotic" card, using their new Homeland Heroes stamp set.  I'm sending this card to my Dad in appreciation of his faithful service in the Air Force.  He retired, many years ago, as a Lieutenant Colonel from the United States Air Force; and I am SO proud of him, and truly grateful to ALL those who have served our great country in the armed forces.  My Dad is such an amazing God-fearing man, and I'm SO grateful and proud to call him "Dad".  He is actually my step-dad, but he feels like a real Dad to me.  I couldn't be more proud of his service to our country.  This is a great stamp set to use for making cards to celebrate all those who serve our country faithfully; especially those who are deployed.  If you have someone in the service, you will really enjoy this stamp set.  This is definitely not my normal style of card, but it is something different and fun.
I have one more project to share for my Guest Design Spot with Scrappy Moms, and its uses their new "Warts Up" stamp set to showcase some Halloween goodies.  It's a super cute set, and I've made some really cute candy cups using them.  I bought the black and orange striped candy cups at Michael's and I filled them with giant orange, green and black gumballs.  Next, I added some gorgeous Autumn ribbons to each cup from Really Reasonable Ribbon's September Ribbon Club Assortment.  Next, I added a paper straw to each that I decorated with two of the little stamped sentiments from the "Warts Up" stamp set.   The little candy corns on the straw are also from the "Warts Up" set.....aren't they cute?   I added some cute little Halloween embellishments and baker's twine to each one, and that's it.  My nieces and nephews will really enjoy these!
Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look.  I do hope that you will take the time to stop by and check out their sweet new stamp sets at Scrappy Moms.  They're lots of fun, and there's still time to order these fun stamp sets to have your Halloween treats ready for all the little "goblins" in your life.  I'm so grateful that you've stopped by today!

Have a blessed week, and thanks for visiting.
Karen

Karen

4 comments:

  1. I'm an air force brat myself! My Dad retired from Air Force. I love your card for your dad and most importantly -he's going to love it! Have a blessed day girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that card Karen - it is a fabulous way to appreciate veterans and service people generally.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your projects are awesome! The patriotic card is amazing and those treats are so fun! Thanks again for joining Scrappy Moms Stamps as our guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both Projects look Wonderful! I especially like those Halloween Cups!! So CUTE!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.