Thursday, October 8, 2015

Crate Paper Bargains

For anyone who knows me at all, you know how much I LOVE Crate Paper.  It runs a close second for me with the very awesome October Afternoon, so it's hard to really say for sure which is my number one favorite.  Let's just say that I'm completely smitten with both of these amazing companies, and can't ever get enough of either.  But for today, I'm focusing on Crate Paper because:   1) I absolutely LOVE it, and 2) I got some AMAZING bargains yesterday.  While I was in Minnesota this summer, I picked up almost the entire lines of  both Craft Market and Confetti (both by Crate Paper) at the Pine City Scrapbook Company (my all-time favorite scrapbook store and Scrapbook Retreat Center - VERY well worth checking out if you're ever looking for a Scrapbook Retreat).  Needless to say, I paid full price there for everything.  But today......I stopped in to my local Tuesday Morning, and........I SCORED!  I got several of the same items that had cost me up to $5.99 per package for just $1.49 and $1.99, and some of the cute embellishments that I got at these great prices, I didn't have yet.  So, I'm stocked up and I even have several extra packages of many of them.  I couldn't be happier, and I can't wait to use up these awesome goodies.  For $1.49 and $1.99 I got these:
Ephemera - $1.49 each (I bought 3)
Tassels - $1.49 each (I bought 3)
Faux Leather Bows - $1.99 (I bought 1)
Standouts - $1.99 (I bought 3)
Can you believe those bargains?  I will definitely be heading back to Tuesday Morning next week to see what other bargains I can find.  If you have a Tuesday Morning in your area, you should definitely stop by to see what they have.  Now, on to my projects.  Before I even post them, I want to let you know that I was TOTALLY inspired by the original artwork of Melissa Phillips on both of these projects.  She posted them on her blog for Crate Paper, and they are also pinned on Pinterest.  I always give credit where credit is due, and these are very much Melissa's original ideas.  I just "tweaked" them a bit and put my own spin on them.
This card was made using almost ALL Crate Paper Craft Market products.  I also added a pearl  sticker, some vintage scotch tape, Tim Holtz mini staples, and some Thickers chipboard letters.   I just LOVE the vintage feel and subtle colors in this collection.
This tag is also made from Crate Paper's Craft Market items including lots of the ephemera pieces, a glittered miniature clothespin, a sequin, a mini pearl sticker, some Making Memories ribbon (pink), a burlap heart (from Michaels), and some Bay Leaf Seam Binding from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Before I run off, I'd like to tell you about a BIG SALE taking place at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  It's a FIVE-DAY sale that started today and runs through the weekend to celebrate Columbus Day.  Just stop by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog for all the details, and to pick up the codes you will need.  Perhaps you'd like to pick up some the lovely Bay Leaf Seam Binding I used on my tag, or one of the other 46 colors they carry.  You're sure to find the perfect ribbons, laces and trims for all your projects; and now that they're on sale, it's the perfect time to stock up.  Don't miss out on the bargains!

Craftin' Desert Divas Blog - Linky Party:  Things With Wings - On my card (first project), I added a postage stamp with a hornet/bee that has wings.

Craft-Dee-Bowz Challenge - October Challenge - Anything Goes With a Hand-Made Bow - My tag (second project) has a sweet hand-made bow.

Thanks so much for visiting,
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Isn't Tuesday Morning AWESOME!!! LOVE going in there to see what Crafting Goodies I can Find.... So glad you got some great deals! :) Both projects are so Pretty Karen! It's amazing what inspires us! Melissa P. does great work, and can see why you were inspired by her... Fabulous design, beautiful colors, amazing details! :) Have a Great Weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these projects are gorgeous. WOW, you did an amazing job. I always loved shopping at Tuesday Morning, but unfortunately, all the Tuesday Morning shops in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area closed up about a year ago. I would love to shop there, and you really got some amazing deals. Enjoy using them. I can't wait to see what you will create next.
    Sierra

    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shopping and great cards Karen
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous projects, Karen. And what an amazing day of shopping too! Have a blessed weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. super charmant comme toujours d’ailleurs, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a GREAT Blog, and I just love your work, Karen <3

    Hugs from Norway <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Karen! Love this amazing card. Such a great design with such great deals! I couldn't find a way to email you. My email address is team clark at rocket mail dot com. Hugs! Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of fantastic layering! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.