Sunday, December 13, 2015

All That Gliters Is Gold

I just LOVE using the beautiful gold foil paper I found at Michaels some time back.  The difficult part, however, is photographing it.  Either you see your own reflection in the card, or you have to shoot your photos at an angle.  Either way, it's not ideal.  I did the best I could to photograph this one, but I couldn't take the traditional photos I would have like to take.  I don't feel like the photos ever do these cards justice.  If I had more time on my hands, I'd do a search on how to photograph these cards (because I'm certain there are tutorials out there), but for now......wonky photos!  LOL
I used some Simple Stories patterned papers and stickers, a Crate Paper Market Place gold foil frame, machine stitching, Tim Holtz Black Soot Ink, vintage sheet music, an old Christmas stamp set (from My Craft Spot), mini pearl stickers, Christmas Baker's Twine and Gold Metallic String.
I haven't been linking to many challenges lately, but I really want to get back into it more.  I've recently found a couple of challenges where my cards fit the theme, and I do enjoy playing along.  So.....I am linking to the challenges I am aware of, and that my card qualifies to enter.
DRS Designs Blog - Challenge #204 - Silver or Gold - For this card, I chose to use gold foil paper, gold metallic string, gold mini pearl stickers, and a gold frame.


Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge - December Patterned Paper Challenge

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Card Challenge - Challenge #259 - Anything Goes/Christmas

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today.  I'm always very grateful to have other artists stop by and leave their comments and thoughts about my cards.  That's one of the best things about card-making.....we all have our own style, but it's all beautiful.  We take pride in what we make, and it makes us happy.  That's what it's all about.  I look forward to seeing what YOU have been creating this week.

Blessings to you,
Karen

8 comments:

  1. Hello and thank you for joining me at my blog, I started to follow you too and as I see you have done some great work.
    This card is great, love the gold in it and I know that problem when taking a photo :)
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card love your design and bps. Thanks for joining us at CHPPC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful! Gold is always hard to photograph but looks amazing on cards!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Karen - love your frame :-). I am sure itmust be stunning IRL.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 259 and my Patterned Paper December challenge - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.