Thursday, August 25, 2016

Inspired By Stamping - Second Post

Hi there, crafters!  This is my second post as a Guest Designer for Inspired By Stamping, and today I'm sharing another helpful technique and a couple of sweet cards that were created using some gorgeous stamps and coordinating dies from Inspired By Stamping.  I hope that you will love these sweet products as much as I do.
This technique is one I often use when working with stamps and die-cuts together.  It helps you line up your dies and stamps so that you always get a perfect cut and guarantee that your stamping lines up with your cut lines.
To do this, simply take your die-cut and adhere a piece of tape, securing the top side of your die onto the card stock from which you'll cut a template.  Run the die through your machine once to cut out the shape, but keep the metal attached to the paper template (even though there is empty space in the middle).  You can now stamp your image onto a piece of paper in your desired color of ink and then lay your template over the stamped image.  You will be able to line it up perfectly using the open space to see your stamped image and line it up.  Then, lay it down perfectly in place (so that you see the stamped image through the template/hole) and run it through your machine again.  You'll get a perfect cut every time.
I stamped a journalling spot from the Fancy Labels 3 Stamp Set in Tim Holtz Lucky Clover Distress Ink, and then stamped the sentiment from the Fancy Labels 3 Stamp Set using Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink inside the journalling spot's center.  Then, as explained above, I cut a template for the journalling spot using the coordinating Fancy Labels 3 Die.  I attached some Crochet Trim and flowers as an accent. Inspired By Stamping has everything you need to make one for yourself.
Above you will see all the supplies I gathered to make my second card.  Inspired by Stamping has SO MANY great stamp sets.  You really need to visit the store to see them all!
My second card uses the same technique but was created with another stamp and die from the same sets.  I also used some of the sweet patterned papers from the Vintage Floral 6x6 Patterned Papers Pad as well as some Crochet Trim Collection II.  Inspired By Stamping has so many wonderful products that will help you make lovely cards like these.
Thanks so much for visiting today, and be sure to stop by the Inspired By Stamping Blog again soon for more inspiration using Inspired By Stamping products.  Please let us know if you have any questions about the products used on these cards.

Have a blessed day,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Both are GORGEOUS!! Love those flowers and ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and great sentiment of the first card. Both are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pretty color palette and gorgeous ribbon!!
    Beautiful cards!!Congrats on your GD spot!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what pretty cards Karen - I love the top one in particular. Congrats on the GDT spot, and thanks for your
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! What gorgeous cards! I love the colors and roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.