Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Wish Big

If you're at all like me, you LOVE Pinterest.  I mean really, what's not to love about Pinterest?  When I browse around Pinterest, I always find cards and ideas that I want to try.  But I think that most of us quickly realize that we are "pinning" things like crazy, and often forget to actually go back in to our boards and actually create these beautiful cards for ourselves.  So.....this week I've really been trying hard to do that.  I've "lifted" a lot of great ideas, and while I always put my own spin on what I create, I still make sure that I always give credit to the originally artist.  The card I'm sharing today is based on a card that my past Co-Designer, Kristi Schurr created quite some time ago.  I knew when I first saw it that I wanted to recreate it, but (like many of you) it sat in one of my Pinterest board for FAR too long.  I finally recreated it.
I used lots of Crate Paper products on this.  Most of them are from the Oh Darling line, but a some papers were Maggie Holmes (for Crate Paper).  I also tucked in a bow of Bay Leaf Seam Binding, Ivory Seam Binding, and Teal Baker's Twine.  This card would be a great idea for YOU to lift because you can use little scraps of patterned papers (and we all have plenty of those, right?) to create the little banners.  I'm going to send this card to my niece, Audranna, who will turn 8 in November.  I last saw her at my daughter's wedding shower, and she hugged me SO tight.  Of course, I cried.  This precious little girl has NO IDEA how much I miss her sweet Mama.  My sister, Audra (Audranna's Mom) has been gone almost two years now, and I miss her every day.  No one can ever replace a sister.  At least not one like Audra.

These are the challenges I've found where I can share my card.  I hope you're playing along in some fun challenges this week as well.

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge - Simon Says "It's Stamptember"/Stamp It! - I used a sweet little stamped sentiment (wish big) on my sentiment banner using Tim Holtz Lipstick Pink Distress Ink.

Our Daily Bread Blog - Challenge #278 - Dots or Dashes - My card uses several different patterned papers...one is polka dot, and one is small dashes.  I also used "dots" so to speak by including sequins.  I didn't use an ODBD stamp on this card.

The Ribbon Girl Challenge Blog - September Anything Goes Card Challenge

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  Have a lovely and creative week
Karen

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and such a brilliant design. I am sure your niece will treasure it. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that gorgeous medallion and all the pretty papers used to cut the banners! This is a darling card, and I pray that it will be received as an expression of your love for sweet little Audranna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen this is gorgeous and ever so pretty. Love the doily behind the folded medallion - I am sure Audranna will love it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Karen. Fabulous design! I can spend HOURS on Pinterest... Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these colors! Gorgeous work! The sequins are a perfect detail in this card! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is spectacular!! Love all of the different patterns on the paper as well as the wonderful banners and bow! I am sure that your niece will be thrilled :-) Thanks for sharing with us at the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge- hugs and have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great card love the papers you chose and the beautiful ribbons. again you have made a beautiful card.

    God Bless
    Hugs
    Dotttie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dear Karen!! Your card is so pretty and textured!! I so love all your details and all the texture and patterns!! What a gorgeous Birthday card, perfect for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!! Have a blessed evening and week my friend!! I hope to see you join us again soon. Love seeing your creations.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a gorgeous card. Love all the dimension, prints and patterns. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.