Sunday, May 21, 2017

Happy Birthday

When I saw this adorable card by Melissa Phillips over on the Emma's Paperie Blog, I knew that I wanted to recreate it.  I think the only difference is that I added some Teal Baker's Twine to the bottom of my card, and Melissa did not (sizing difference, I believe).  I used some sweet Echo Park Party Time patterned papers and stickers - I found the entire collection on EBay (papers and stickers, etc.) and was SO excited.  I watched the mail every day until it arrived, and I recreated this sweet card the day I got my new goodies!
I just love the bright colors in this collection.  Yet, there's also some black in this collection to keep it cute and edgy.  I've already used this sweet Party Time collection to create one of my cards for next month (Design Team project) because I love it so much.  OK, anyway.....I used the patterned papers (inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks Spun Sugar), and stickers (stars, balloon, sentiment banner) from Party Time, Paper Sweeties Sugar Sprinkles Sequins, teal baker's twine, a Jenni Bowlin journalling card, and mini pearl accent stickers to create my card.
I'm playing along in these fun challenges:

Allsorts Challenge Blog - HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Challenge #416 - Allsorts is celebrating their 8th Birthday, and I wanted to help them celebrate by creating a card to play along.  Happy Birthday, Allsorts!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "A Bit Of Sparkle" - I added my flower-shaped sequins with pearls to give my card a sweet little kiss of sparkle.  I even took a close-up photo to catch the sparkle when the light hits these sweet sequins.

Creatalicious Challenge Blog - Challenge #115 - Anything Goes (Optional Stencils)

Thanks so much for visiting me today!

Karen

11 comments:

  1. A really bright and happy Birthday card and just perfect for our 8th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is a fun and adorable card. Love the way you did those pearls in the middle of a sequin. Great papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Karen - love the cheerful colours and the gorgeous layering of the balloon. Your twine is the perfect accent on this.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet. Love the bright colors and layout. great look and fun accents. The twine is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. c'est adorable Karen, gourmand et charmant, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sparkly sequins always completes the card. Awesome birthday card. So cheerful and colourful. Thanks so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp A Bit of Sparkle Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! Love the stamps, papers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen: I working my way back to the crafting world. I love your card I just got a Die set like the embellishment you have on the card, you always do beautiful work , I have missed not being around much.

    God Bless
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, perfect for this weeks challenge.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 8th Birthday challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.