Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Papertrey Ink Pretty Z-Fold Card

Hello, my sweet blog friends and thank you for visiting me today.  Those of you who know me best are aware that I rarely try ANYTHING new.  I am such a creature of habit, but today....I actually spread my wings just a little bit and tried this fun tutorial on the Papertrey Ink Blog that Ashley Cannon-Newell posted for their Make It Monday Challenge.
I used some simple coordinating papers and followed the tutorial for the cuts and folds.  Once I had that part completed, I decorated my card with several Papertrey Ink products.  First, I stamped the white front panel of my card using the Polka Dot Basics Stamp Set with Dark Indigo Ink.  I also used a "hello" sentiment stamp from the Heart 2 Heart #4 Mini Stamp Set which I also stamped in Dark Indigo Ink, and touched the edges with Pale Peony Ink.
I cut several flowers using the Beautiful Blooms II #1 Die Collection and layered them.  On top of each flower, I added a vintage button tied with a length of Cream Cotton Button Twine.  I'm so glad I tried this, and I want to thank Ashley and PTI for inspiring me.

I'm playing along at:

Nichole Heady's Capture The Moment - Papertey Ink/Make It Monday Challenge #295 - I used six different Papertrey Ink products, all of which are named and linked above in my post.

Dies R Us - Challenge #79/Anything Goes - I used Papertrey Ink flower dies.

CropStop August Challenge #31 - I used Tombow Adhehsive, Burlap String and Tim Holtz Ink

Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

  1. Karen, your card is lovely! The flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, your card is gorgeous. Glad that you found something new that you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute Karen! Congratulations for climbing out of your box so successfully. Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the blue and white color scheme, those pretty flowers paired with polka-dots, and the fun z-fold! So happy you linked this up to Cropstop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Karen! Love the darker colors and then just the touch of Pale Peony! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Karen! WOW! I haven't done a card of this design in a very long time ... thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything using Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card - that touch of pink looks wonderful with the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Karen this is stunning! I love that style of card... I never seen that before... So beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Dies R Us challenges and hope to see you in the next one! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo- DRU DT
    ♥ Dies R Us Challenges ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, thanks for the lovely comments on my blog and I'll be sure to check out your challenge. Thanks for the invite. I love your z card. The navy and white is very striking. Very nice use of the Beautiful blooms.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.