Friday, November 17, 2017

Wool Felt Christmas Gift Tags

I don't know about you, but I've sure been having a lot of fun playing along in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags this year.  I've gotten SO much wonderful inspiration from all the tags that the talented DT Members of all the sponsors have been sharing.  How fabulous was this felt ornament tag made by Lisa Stein on Day 14?  I fell in love with it the moment I saw it, and knew right away that I wanted to work with felt on some tags.  I haven't got that running stitch down quite yet, so I cheated by laying my ornament flat on my first tag.  I spent a lot of time working on that stitch, and...it still needs a little help.  LOL
25 Days of Christmas Tags - My felt tags were totally inspired by this tag made by Lisa Stein on Day 14.  Working with wool felt is beautiful and fun, and she really sparked my creativity on this one.  Thanks again for sharing that fabulous tag, Lisa.  It really gave me some fabulous inspiration.  The first tag is an ornament cut from green and gold wool felt using an ornament die-cut.
For my second tag, I used a wool mitten, added some seam binding, and hung a pear-shaped rusty pin that holds an even smaller tag that I stamped with "very merry".  This tag is going to be super cute on top of a Christmas package.
The felt was such a fabulous idea, and I really want to thank Lisa Stein and ALL the crafters who have shared their tags in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags to inspire us all.  There have been some truly amazing tags and creativity shared, and I've picked up so many fabulous ideas from this event.  Thanks again, Tracey!

25 Days of Christmas Tags - As explained in detail above, these tags were inspired by Lisa Stein on Day 14 when she used wool felt to create her ornament tag.

Thanks for stopping by,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the felt ornament on the first tag... the paper is so pretty! I just adore the pretty felt mitten with the sweet tag. The seam binding ribbons look lovely. PS: Yes, I'd love to participate in more of the challenges! Please let me know more... buzsy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are fabulous! I like the ornament tag a lot, but I'm really in love with the mitten. Great stitching and details. And thank you for all the lovely comments you have been leaving on my blog — they are much appreciated. Thanks for joining the 25 Days of Christmas Tags event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are sweet tags but that mitten is THE cutest and I love the stitching and mini tag attached. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these tags are too cute. You are making some absolutely wonderful tags!!! I would never want to throw them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What adorable tags, Karen. I love the felt.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.