Monday, October 15, 2018

Paper Sweeties October New Release Day

Welcome by again today, everyone!  It's New Release Day for this month's FABULOUS new stamp sets at Paper Sweeties.  This month we have two brand new adorable stamp sets; Happy Fall Y'all and I'm Nuts About You.... each of which includes a new outfit for the Sweeties and Jake, oodles of adorable Fall sentiments, and several other cute stamps to help embellish all your sweet Autumn projects.  And the best part is......they are available to purchase as of today at Paper Sweeties.
The card I'm sharing today uses the new Happy Fall Y'all Stamp Set.  I stamped Jake and then told him that he could decide what he wanted to be for Halloween this year.  He told me that he wanted to create the persona "SUPER JAKE"....it's his own personal take on SuperMan.  He even coined the hashtag #superjake.  I stamped his outfit for him (pants and cape) with the new Happy Fall Y'all Stamp Set, and I also used the Autumn Blessings Stamp Set to create his shirt (the one that appears under his Super Jake cape) but I cut off the fringe.  I sorta pieced together these two outfits to help Jake achieve his costume choice, and I also free-handed his cool superhero utility belt.  I colored everything with my Copics, and I die-cut the letter S for his cape, then stamped his name right over the S using the Jake Stamp Set.   The adorable sentiment (Autumn Wishes & Pumpkin Kisses) is also found in the new Happy Fall Y'all Stamp Set.  Jake is positioned on a vellum tag that was cut using the fabulous For You Sweet Cut.  I topped the tag with a snippet of burlap ribbon, a felt leaf, a sweetheart blossom, and some Orange Creamsicle Sequins, Strawberry Sequins, and Green Apple Sequins.
This photo (below) shows you why I needed to stamp and add the shirt from the Autumn Blessings Stamp Set to clothe Jake.  I wanted to be able to move Jake's cape to make it look like it's blowing in the wind......like a "real" superhero.  I wished I could have gotten super adventurous and somehow put Jake's hands on his hips for that photo.  But Jake is stubborn, and likes to keep his standard pose.  He's consistent that way.  But I do applaud him on the creativity of his costume choice and having the confidence to become his own sort of superhero.
By the way, Jake is going to a FABULOUS Halloween party with his friends Emma, Sophie, and Abigail.  I hope that if you create any Paper Sweeties Halloween projects that you will be sure to post them on our Facebook Page so that everyone can "see all the photos" from their big Halloween party.  We always LOVE seeing your Paper Sweeties creations, and all the fun that Jake and his friends have together.

Here's the list of all my super talented teammates from Paper Sweeties who have prepared something super sweet for you today showcasing these two wonderful new stamp sets.  Each of their projects are SO sweet, and I just know you won't want to miss out on seeing them.  Adorable creativity awaits you in the sweetest of shops.....Paper Sweeties.  Stop by and treat yourself to the sweetest of crafty treasures.  Have a blessed day, and don't forget to visit again tomorrow as my Paper Sweeties friends and I share even more fabulous new projects to inspire you.
Blessings,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Super Jake! So clever Karen! Loving all the layers and patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.