Sunday, November 17, 2019

Paper Sweeties & 25 Days of Christmas Tags

A warm and welcoming hello to you all today as you visit my blog to take a peek at the sweet tag I'm sharing on behalf of Paper Sweeties for the 25 Days of Christmas Tags event.  That's right!  It's time once again for Tracey McNealy's 25 Days of Christmas Tags Challenge.  There's a new sponsor every day to give you plenty of fabulous inspiration.  You just create a tag that was inspired by something you saw from any designer, enter it in the link-up, and you'll be eligible for one of the many fabulous prizes being offered.  One of those prizes is this awesome prize from Paper Sweeties.
I always love it when my tag in this event inspires someone else.  I didn't see any last year that were "inspired by me", but it did happen to me two years ago when I shared on behalf of Paper Sweeties.  So, with that in mind, I tried to create something with elements that other crafters might have on hand and be able to recreate fairly easily.  And hey....if you don't have the right stamps/products, I'm sure Debbie can get them shipped off to you fairly quickly from Paper Sweeties.
I used some patterned papers to cut my tag using the For You Sweet Cut (die) to cut my tag.  This die is one of all-time FAVES.  Any time you need a basic tag, this is the go-to standard.  I use mine all the time, and I know you would love it, too.  There's also a small tag that I use all the time.  That one is found in the Stitched Tags #1 Sweet Cuts.  These two tag sets are just the kind of item that you'll use over, and over, and over again.  SO well worth the investment, and very reasonably priced to begin with.  I also cut several scalloped borders from the patterned papers using the Sweet Borders Sweet Cuts.  The stamped sentiment (GRATEFUL) is from November's new Blessed Stamp Set.
I decorated my tag with some holly and ivy cut from wool felt by using the Meet Me Under the Mistletoe Sweet Cuts. I also stamped the berries (red felt) using the coordinating Meet Met Under the Mistletoe Stamp Set.  I added in some baker's twine, washi tape, and at the top of my tag; I added some ribbon, bundled green burlap string, and three Strawberry Sequins are the finishing touch.

If there's anything about my tag that inspires you to create a tag and enter it in Tracey McNeeley's 25 Days of Christmas Tags Challenge, be sure to leave me a comment and let me know.  I will draw one name from those who comment (and enter) using my tag as inspiration, and that person will win a special Paper Sweeties prize from me.   Thanks for visiting.  These are my Paper Sweeties friends who are also sharing inspirational tags today.

Blessings,
Karen


21 comments:

  1. Love your sweet tag, Karen. The lovely traditional colors are great. Nice felt holly and berries. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag, the felt makes it even more pretty. Love the stitched die to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely adorable...just love your sweet tag!!! Your scalloped border looks like Christmas candy stacked so beautifully! Just love it. Thank you so much for playing along with Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used felt for the holly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A delightful tag - I have a grateful sentiment die - I will be lifting this tag with that die and bakers twine and I am not sure what else - possibly some berries and leaves - TFS Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag! You inspired me to participate today! I am linked up at #417. Thank you! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen,
    I adore your tag and used it as my inspiration piece for today's 25 Tags project. I love the soft background, the rows of scallops with their fun Christmas colors, and the cluster of holly and berries. Your art has a sweet homespun quality that is so warm and inviting! Thank you for the inspiration and for your encouragement as a Christ follower and as a crafter. Happy Sunday! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the details in your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag! I love the layered scalloped borders and the felt embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty colors and textures! Love the holly and berries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute tag. I love the country vibe with the gingham and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving this tag Karen - sorry I am a bit late commenting, but I have been unwell
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful tags - I love that felt bit of holly! Great texture and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Awesome inspiration today! I am really loving the beautiful tags this year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute tag Karen! I also went back to check out your other tags... They all look fantastic!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty tag! I love all your scalloped layers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the scalloped border.
    With the green above you get
    the idea of a fruit or berries.
    Beautiful tag. thanks for
    sharing. txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just finished a tag from being inspired by your tag Karen - TFS your work - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karen your tag for today is beautiful, I love the layers on the bottom! I see that I will have to spend more time here you are doing amazing with your tags!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic tag! Incredible details, textures and layers of elements. So festive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.