Sunday, December 15, 2019

Christmas, Stars and Interactive Fun

Hello today, everyone!  Are y'all ready for Christmas?  I'm sure not.  But ready or not, it's just around the corner.  This year our house will be a full one with our little family, our middle daughter and son-in-law, our precious new grandson, and one other house guest (SIL's college aged sister who's visiting for four days in order to be able to meet the new baby).  Yup!  It's a full house for sure; and like I said, I'm not the least bit ready for any of it.  Decorating happens on Monday, Christmas shopping happens last minute, and baking cookies is just starting.  Behind for sure!
But....that doesn't stop me from sneaking in just a bit of crafty time.  While I don't have a whole lot of spare time on my hands, I can always make time for just a bit.  I really wanted to play along in a couple of challenges; so I worked on creating a card that would combine a few of my favorites in one card.  I used a red cardstock base and some Bo Bunny patterned papers including a stripe piece, and a cream patterned paper with red stars to cut the next layer using the Reverse Confetti Wonky Stripe Panel Confetti Cuts.  I also used Reverse Confetti's cute Congratulations Confetti Cuts to cut some stars that I sprinkled with glitter.  The stamped word (hi) is also from a reverse Confetti stamp set called Sentiment Essentials.  Then, for the "Thank You" element, I used a Starbucks gift card that I tucked into an interactive element (pull-out element) to make my card a fun gift.
Thanks for visiting and taking a peek at my card.  I always appreciate your visits and comments, and I also look forward to visiting you to see what you've been creating this week.  I know that as Christmas approaches, our time becomes more and more precious; so thanks again for stopping by.  I know I'll at least have extra time in the evenings to do some blog hopping/visiting.  I look forward to seeing what you're up to.  Hope your Christmas and New Years are blessed, everyone!


Hugs,
Karen

Here's where I'm playing along:

Reverse Confetti Blog - Stock Your Stash: THANK YOU - I used Reverse Confetti Wonky Stripe Confetti Cut Congratulations Confetti Cuts (stars), and Reverse Confetti Sentiment Essentials Stamp Set.  I added a Thank You gift card because I don't (yet) have a Reverse Confetti thank you stamp.


Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says:  STARS


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says: INTERACTIVE CHRISTMAS - To make my Christmas card interactive, I added a slider element where I tucked in a gift card.  I used stickers to add the word "pull" so the recipient can reveal the gift card.

Pixie's Crafty Workshop: Snippets Playground - I used some snippets of Bo Bunny patterned papers that are actually from a kitchy baking line, but I made these scraps work in my interactive Christmas card.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous and cheerful card Karen - love those glittery flowers :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo nice interactive - and who would not want that gift card! Mocha Mocha! Lovely work Karen and hoping your days are LONG so you can get everything done you are wanting to accomplish before Dec 25th - blessings and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Karen - what a great card and wonderful use of snippets! You know what, if you had absolutely everything finished well in time for Christmas around the house etc. - it wouldn't be the same. You'll be just fine and the joy of the new baby will be that extra magic for you all.

    Hugs - and Merry Christmas -and many thanks for being such a great sport and joining in with the Playground. You've added another dimension and loads of inspiration to an already amazing group of crafters who come to play.

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.