Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Day 24 of Christmas W/ Paper Sweeties

Well...we're getting close to the end of our special Christmas celebration this month at Paper Sweeties.  Today is Day 24 (of 25) of our 25 Days of Christmas.  If you've missed any of these special posts (one each day December 1-25), you can find all the links to the fabulously sweet Christmas inspirations by stopping at the Paper Sweeties Blog for all the links.  Paper Sweeties is always coming out with darling new stamps, sweet cuts (dies), and a wide variety of sweet crafty supplies to keep you busy (and delighted) all year long.  It's a great place for awesome inspiration and fun shopping.  Stamps and products old and new have been showcased each day, and you can see a wonderful collection of Paper Sweeties inspirations by visiting these links.
Today's card was created using a pink Bazzill base, a soft pink Prima patterned paper, and a scrap of dark wood-grain patterned paper.  Once the base was secured, I die-cut several trees using the Merry Christmas Y'all Sweet Cuts (darling set).  Three trees were cut from vellum that I touched w/Stickles, and two of the trees were cut from cream wool felt.  Onto the sweet felt trees, I hand-stitched several French knots using cream, pink and mint DMC floss.  I cut the "wooden" tree trunks again using the Merry Christmas Y'all Sweet Cuts from the wood-grain paper.  I inked the tree trunks using my Mud Pie Ink Pad and attached them to the felt.  What a lovely little forest.  I'm telling you, friends...the Merry Christmas Y'all Sweet Cuts is DARLING.  It includes this tree and the pickup truck from the Merry Christmas Y'all Stamp Set (cute!).  I'm a bit partial, but I think ALL the products at Paper Sweeties are adorable.
At the top of this card, you'll see my sweet sentiment (BLESSED), which is from our new Blessed Stamp Set.  SO many cute words, and very similar to our super popular Merry Stamp Set; which has sold out several times.  It's the perfect time of year to grab these super cute "staple" stamp sets during the time of year when we should be treating ourselves (just a bit).  I know how much I enjoy (all) these sets, and I've seen the darling things that others have done with them.  SO cute! I know you'll love them, too.
The sentiment was stamped on vellum tag that was cut using the darling Stitched Tags #1 Sweet Cuts.  The sentiment is embossed in brown, and the tagis also outlined in Stickles to match the trees below.  And finally, my tag is tied with lengths of Bubblegum Seam Binding, Mint Seam Binding and Frosting Seam Binding.  In addition to all the darling stamps and sweet cuts, Paper Sweeties also has several yummy shades of shabby Seam Binding to adorn your projects.  You're always sure to find sweet new products, inspiration, and lots of fun at Paper Sweeties.  We hope you'll stop by again soon.

Blessings,
Karen

I'm playing along here:


As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Die/and Why
- I chose to use my favorite Paper Sweeties die (or Sweet Cut as we like to call them there) and I used it (the tree die) to cut several trees.  Some were cut from vellum and outlined with Stickles and glitter, and the other trees were cut from ivory wool felt and I hand stitched French knots in the felt with DMC floss.

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Your details are impeccable! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shape of these pretty trees! Beautiful card with awesome colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Karen - love the soft colours and the wonderful tree die cuts
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness those trees are beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work Karen! Love the sugared almond colours as well. There is no Playground Challenge this week. My shoulder is still very sore and am having a rest in the hope it will improve. I plan to have the next challenge up and running next Sunday (12th January) - basically I think I burned myself out with the Grand Draw :)

    Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.