Monday, April 6, 2020

Pocket Card & HB Card

Hello again, blog friends, and welcome by again.  Today I'm sharing a card that I meant to share yesterday.  I got so busy sewing face masks yesterday that I completely forgot to take a photo of my card before it got dark outside.  So, here I am posting today with a card that I was inspired to create by my long-time blog friend, Esther.
She's a talented artist, and I fell in love with her work years ago.  Anyway...I'd seen a post on her blog the other day with information about Stamp-a-Thon at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, and I decided to participate because Esther's card inspired me SO much.  It's absolutely adorable.  I just HAD to make a pocket card.  I pulled out my Emma's Shoppe (by Crate Paper) and inked up several patterned paper snippets to create a sweet background.  I stamped the sentiment (faith) using my Merry Stamp Set from Paper Sweeties.
In the actual POCKET, I'm tucking in some cash for my niece.  I love to send my nieces and nephews cards every now and then.  And you know kids (especially the older ones) always love some good old American cash.  So anyway, I tucked in some cash - great use of a pocket.  I really had fun making my card.  The flower is a chipboard piece from Emma's Shoppe, as are all the ephemera bits.
Thanks for stopping by to take a quick peek at my little pocket card.  Here are the links for the fun challenges where I'll be sharing it.  The Sweet 'n Sassy challenge is over on their Facebook VIP Group.  Come, play along.  Have a blessed day, y'all.

Here's where I'm linking up my pocket card:

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - Facebook VIP Group - Challenge: Add A Pocket

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday - That's why you see the CASH tucked in the pocket.  Birthdays always require cash (or at least most teenagers would agree).  My second card (shown below) is actually my Happy Birthday card, but when I linked up, I clicked on the wrong picture.  So...please see my next photo.

My second card uses the same Crate Paper line called Emma's Shoppe; which I tend to hoard because it's SO precious (and no longer available anywhere).  But once I've pulled it out, I can't take my hands off of it.  I pieced together a birthday card using more little snippets of paper.  I used an older Verve stamp for the happy birthday sentiment.
Some solid yellow and some cherry baker's twine complete the card along with the stickers, machine stitching, and little touches.  I'm trying to keep my cards more flat (when possible) for the purpose of mailing them.  I like to send out a lot of cards while we're all stuck indoors.  Thanks for taking a peek at this one.  I'll be sharing it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Happy crafting, everyone.
Blessings,
Karen

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday - This is my Happy Birthday card entry for this challenge.  When I linked up, I accidentally clicked on (entered) the wrong photo, but a least I had my link correct.  LOL - Sorry for the confusion.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you played along my Sweet n Sassy stamp-a-thon challenge, Karen! Your card turned out beautifully (as always!!)....what a great way to gift cash!! (I'll have to remember this for future use!) Good luck in the gift certificate draw -- I hope you win one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. What a great place to put some "Pocket" cash. Love it.
    [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous pair of cards Karen - love the pocket cars, and the birthday card is also fabulous
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.