Saturday, March 13, 2021

Feeling Lucky

Welcome by my blog, and thanks for visiting.  Today I'm sharing a fun card that I created for a couple of my favorite challenges.  I always love to play along when I'm able, and I had some time today to create a card that would allow me to enter some fun challenges.  I started with some basic cardstocks in green and cream.
I stenciled my background in greens and browns, and used some acrylic paints to add dimension and color.  I stamped a second pattern in green ink, and I attached an old Jenni Bowlin LUCKY card and a vintage green ticket.  I also attached some Brown Burlap String that I ran through the tag and then stapled with a miniature green staple to hold the strands of burlap in place.  I also added an old metal dimensional map piece from my trinkets stash.
I used Tim Holtz Burlap Oxide Ink as well as a Martha Stewart stipple stencil brush to do the stencil work on the background.  Lots of messy inks and paints going on there as well some stamping....sorry it's a little bit messy.  I had really wanted to add a shamrock originally, but couldn't find one in all my stash.
Below are the challenges where I love to play along.  I hope that you've had time to be creative this week, and that you're having fun playing along in some of your favorite challenges.  Of course, I always hope that your favorite place to play along is always Word Art Wednesday.  But since I can't play along there, I have fun playing along in these other fun challenges.  Thanks for stopping by, and please visit me again soon.

Blessings,
Karen

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use Something Green


Your Next Stamp - Challenge #159 Lucky Charm - I didn't use any Your Next Stamps because I don't own any yet.  I did some stamping on my background.

Dare2B Artzy - March Challenge - Anything Goes - My stamping was done on the background, along with some stenciling and painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.