Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Hoppy Easter Tag Two

You know how sometimes when you get inspired by something, it just kinda takes over your mind for a bit and almost obsesses your creative thoughts?  Well, that's pretty much what happened to me when I saw a darling tag made by Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge DT Member, Zoey, this week.  Her adorable bunny tag inspired me to create not one; but TWO tags that are similar in style to hers.  Mine are not as detailed and amazing as her, but I've sure had fun creating  mine.  I love playing with Tim Holtz Oxide Inks, paints, etc.
I used some scraps of pale pink and ivory cardstock that were on my craft table.  I machine stitched them in black thread to give some texture and dimension.  I used some brown tissue paper, stencils on the paper strips, and lots of inking in Spun Sugar, Green Grass, Hickory Smoke and Burlap.
I did paint the insides of the bunny's ears and added a bit of ultra-fine glitter.  I used a Sharpie to add some of the lines on my images.  I free-handed the green circle, bunny ears, etc.  It's just a fun project, and I was so delighted with the first one I made; that I had to make this one to place on the outside package of a box I'm sending out later today.
As you can see, it's basically acrylic paints, Tim Holtz distress inks, machine stitching in both straight and zig-zag (which I love), and that little circle I added is a super old Making Memories journalling tag from my stash.  I just liked the colors and how it added to this little project.  How fun are those hanging threads?  Just a beautiful little mess.
I really love the layers of this sweet tag.  Those bunny ears are SO easy to make (as I said, I just free-handed them) by inking, painting, etc. you can cover any little mistakes.  You really only have to draw one ear.  Once you've drawn the first bunny ear and cut it out, you simply trace that one and cut it so that you'll have a matching pair.  From there, it's an inky fun time of decorating.  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at this one.  I'm grateful for your visits.

Blessings to you,
Karen

I'm playing along here in these challenge I love:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Easter/Spring" - This is my second tag and second entry and my tags were totally inspired by Zoey's project for this week.  I just loved her sweet tag.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Spring/Easter" Mood Board - I was inspired by the cute bunny and bunny ears in the inspiration photo.

As You Like It Challenge Blog - Favorite Critter and Why - I guess I'm going with the Easter Bunny on this one.  My reason why is because you can see his famous big floppy ears - and that's what I featured on this tag....a bunny with big floppy ears.

1 comment:

  1. what fun and pretty tags Karen - looks as though you had fun making these projects
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.