Friday, July 8, 2022

LOVE My Coffee

Like most folks, I do LOVE my coffee☕and because I had some free time today; I was able to create a card just for fun.  Soooo.....I made a cute COFEE☕☕☕card.  It's always fun when I'm making a card that's "just for fun" and not for a specific DT.  These are the times that I can just pull out whatever stamps I want to use for the particular card I might have in mind.  Since I knew that I was going to make a cute coffee card, I had a few options for which stamps to use.  This time, I chose to use some stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.
I cut my black and my white cardstock base using the Crimped Frames Dies from The Greetery.  Next, I used Speckled Egg, Lavendar and Spun Sugar TH Oxide Inks to create my inked background.  I used the Texture Tiles 9 Stamp Set and Going Postal Stamp Set to stamp the background images.  I used the Coffee Talk Stamp Set for the sentiment and darling coffee cups that were colored with Copics.  The finishing touches were some sequins and a length of DARLING Pink & Brown Twist Baker's Twine.
I hope you're able to have some creative time this week.  I hope to do some blog visiting and commenting this weekend, so please know that your visits to my blog mean SO much to me as well.  I'll be sharing my card in a few challenges listed below.

Krafty Chicks Challenge - Challenge #619 - The Stamp Act - This challenge asked us to use stamps  I covered that requirement with this card.   LOL  What a FUN challenge.  I found this challenge (again) through my friend, Esther, who is the current Guest Designer.  Come, play along, everyone!

Moving Along With The Times - July Challenge #144 - Inky Background - I explained above that I used Tim Holtz Oxide Inks to ink the background before messing it up even more with oodles of stamping.  LOL

OH....Before I run off, I also want to share some more of Taylee's art from when she visited recently.  This first photo is a picture of Taylee doing some watercoloring.  Clearly, she painted herself more than she painted the paper.  That's half of the fun, right?
She painted her face, her arms, her stomach, and pretty much every part of her body.  It was FUN.  She did manage to also paint several lovely pictures.  Many are hanging on my fridge and she took home several to share with other relatives.  I mean, I can't keep all this fine art to myself.
I'm sharing Taylee's "body painting" and watercolor painted picture in the Simon Says Stamp: Kids Only Vacation Challenge.  She absolutely LOVES doing arts and crafts every single day, so I know she would be thrilled to win a challenge like this.  I sure do enjoy our creative time together.

Simon Says Stamp:  Kids Vacation Challenge - Anything Goes - You can read above all the details of Taylee's body painting and watercoloring adventures.

Blessings to you,
Karen


7 comments:

  1. The coffee card is really cool with the pastels! And seeing Taylee's watercolor painting is fun and it's great to get a peak at your home life! Thanks for sharing both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the body art and the painting Taykee! It looks like you had a fabulous time playing with paints! :-) FUN!! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s, love the coffee themed card Karen, I just had a large capuccino, but think I will have another one now, no such thing as too much caffeine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Taylee's artwork is a treasure and the picture of her made me smile so wide! Great job to both of you talented artists! Thanks so much for your support of our Simon Says Stamp challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaylee, aren’t you a cutie dressed up in paint! And your card is so pretty too! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome make with us at Simon Says Stamp Kids Summer Vacation Challenge, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great coffe card, Karen! I’m enjoying some iced coffee right now. Hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this card, Karen! Thanks for playing along with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card with a fantastic inky background.

    Thanks for playign along with us at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.