Wednesday, September 21, 2022

HOME at The Card Concept

It's time for another FUN challenge over at The Card Concept and I hope that you'll join us.  There's a lovely inspiration photo (two of them actually) to give you a starting point for your creativity.  The theme we're looking at for this challenge is Travel vs. Home.  While I absolutely love to travel and see people I love, I'm very much a home body.  Given the choice of going out or staying home, I normally prefer to stay at home.  I'm just not a super social person in general.  I'm not talking about basic stuff like church and other important gatherings.  I'm just talking about the social end of it all (eating out as opposed to eating in, etc.) with big crowds.  I'd just rather be at home.
My card was created using black cardstock and a bunch of old patterned paper scraps from my October Afternoon bin.  I rubbed some Stormy Oxide Ink to the white piece, and I stamped and cut the cute truck using a stamp and die from Paper Sweeties.  The sentiment is also from Paper Sweeties.  I added a piece of May Arts stitched ribbon and a Tim Holtz miniature rusty paper clip.  The frame die-cut is from The Greetery.
Whether you enjoy travel, staying at home, or a combination of the two; we can't wait to see how this challenge will inspire you.  Be sure to stop by The Card Concept to play along with us.  It's always fun to see what you're making and sharing, and I'll be by to take a peek.  Thanks again for visiting me today.

Blessings,
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Your ute is awesome! And the layout is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Karen - love how you have made the 'background' for the pick up - a wonderful masculine card.
    I am probably more towards the social end of the scale, but I also value periods of solitude.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of your scraps, Karen! Love the truck & the stitched ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a homebody too Karen ;). We are soul sisters! Gorgeous layers and coloring~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.