Wednesday, April 12, 2023

A New Challenge Begins at The Card Concept

Hello, friends.  Thanks for "buzzing" by today to take a quick peek at the card I've created as inspiration for the new challenge over at The Card Concept.  For this new two-week challenge, you're able to select and gather inspiration from two different, and gorgeous, inspiration photos.  I chose to take my inspiration from the Busy Bee inspiration photo (shown below).
I used black corrugated cardboard for my base and then added a piece of white watercolor paper that I rubbed with oxide ink.  I used a die-cut for the word "Be" which is from Simon Says Stamp.  The word HAPPY is from a Paper Sweeties stamp set.  I tried adding the extra e to make the word "Be" become "Bee", but it just didn't look right.  Anyway....I used a honeycomb die-cut and some dotted gold cardstock to create the honeycomb.
The stamp set I used is called Bee Hive and it's from Honey Bee Stamps.  Because I don't own the matching die-cut set, I fussy cut those little bees.  They were stamped and embossed with a black glittery embossing powder.  I colored them a bit with my Copics.  I just love how they look like they're buzzing around my card...and the beehive.
Let one of these two FUN inspiration photos speak to your creativity and come play along with us at The Card Concept.  We always enjoy seeing what you come up with, and we appreciate your participation in our challenges.  I really hope that you have a blessed and creative week.  Thanks again for buzzing by today.

I'm playing along here:

Crafty Calendar Challenge:  April - Use Die Cuts - I used some fun dies on this card.  The chicken wire (honeycomb die) is from Darice, the word (Be) is a die-cut from Simon Says Stamp, and the hive and bees are from Honey Bee Stamps.

Blessings,
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable. Thanks for playing along over at Double D.
    Judy~ DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is adorable! Love the bees, beehive and honeycomb on your sweet card- so cute, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!I love all the busy bees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.