Wednesday, June 21, 2023

A New Challenge at The Card Concept

It's time again for a FUN new challenge over at The Card Concept, and we really hope that YOU will stop by to join us.  The theme for this challenge has sort of a nautical feel.  Now, that doesn't mean you have to specifically make a nautical card.  You can use the images in the inspiration photo if you choose to do so; or you can possibly take inspiration from the colors, textures, or anything else that speaks to your creative side.  Here's what I created based on the inspiration photo.
I used a deep red cardstock layered with basic white cardstock that I rubbed with Tumbled Glass Oxide Ink to create an underwater background.  The stamps and dies I used are all from Paper Sweeties.  I'm a big advocate for using what you own and somehow making it work.  I really thought (pretty sure) that I own a ship's wheel as well and I really wanted to use it on this card.  However, I couldn't find it.  So, this is what I created.
I tied a piece of Solid Yellow Baker's Twine on my anchor just to tie in the yellow and to add a touch of texture.  The really FUN part of an inspiration challenge is that each and every person will come up with something completely different even though we're all looking at the very same inspiration photo.  I find that SO super cool.
What is that speaks to you in this inspiration photo?  Is it the images, the colors, the water, or something else about Summer?  We really look forward to seeing your wonderful creations and learning how you were inspired.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, and don't forget to visit The Card Concept to play along with us.
Happy crafting, everyone.
Blessings,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet nautically themed card Karen - love ther colours and how you have used them.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely nautical card! That bit of yellow twine is a fun touch! My youngest daughter is in the Navy, so I’m always looking for nautical card ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute images and I like your fun sentiment to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card 👏💐 happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red with the soft blue on your love die cut images!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.