Monday, July 24, 2023

Sympathy Card w/Stamp Simply Clear Stamps

Let's be honest.  Nobody enjoys having to make or send a sympathy card.  However, they're needed when someone we know and love loses someone and needs a bit of encouragement.  Stamp Simply Clear Stamps has so many FAB stamp sets for every occasion; including those occasional sympathy cards.  Their lovely sentiments found in each and every stamp set they sell will help you to find the perfect words every single time - no matter what the occasion.
As some of you already know, I lost my dear childhood friend, Mary, not too long ago.  The pain is still very real for me because when you're friends with someone for that long (40+ years in our case), there are many daily reminders of time spent together.  I always LOVED that Stamp Simply carries so many great scripture sentiments and stamps with words of encouragement.  As Mary fought her battle with cancer, I was always able to find appropriate sentiments in my Stamp Simply stamps to make cards that encouraged her.  You can always find the absolute PERFECT stamps/sentiments for literally every occasion life throws our way.
This card uses black cardstock for the base layered with a piece of cool purple paper from the Craft Consortium's Ink Drops Rose 6x6 Patterned Paper Pad, and then a piece of white cardstock rubbed with Concord Grape Oxide Ink to make a fun background.  I machine stitched just a bit on the pretty patterned paper.  It's really a very simple card.....hence the name Stamp Simply.  They really make it so easy to create pretty cards.  I used the Floral Cluster Summer Roses Stamp Set to stamp the floral image in VersaFine Black Onyx Ink.  I colored the image with my Copics.
I cut the floral image using the Floral Cluster & Sprigs Dies.  By the way, this die is universal for all four (4) seasonal Floral Cluster Stamp Sets.  I just love that fact.  I attached the floral cluster, and then stamped a sympathy sentiment using the fabulous and super useful Sympathy Sentiments Stamp Set 1.  There are several beautiful, encouraging and comforting sentiments in this lovely set.  That's really all there is to it.  Stamp Simply truly does make it SIMPLE to create beautiful cards.  And there's really no one who doesn't enjoy and appreciate receiving a hand-made card; especially during difficult times.  It's a reminder that someone truly loves and cares about them.
I hope you'll take time to stop by Stamp Simply to check out all their amazing stamp sets, dies and vast assortment of other crafting essentials.  Another great idea is to stop by the Stamp Simply Blog often for inspiration on different ways to use Stamp Simply products.  You'll quickly learn why Stamp Simply is a great place to shop.  The stamps and dies are high-quality, fairly priced, always have the perfect sentiments and images, and they really do just make it so easy to create a quick card that will really lift someone's spirits any time.  Let someone know you're thinking of them this week with a hand-made card using stamps from Stamp Simply.

I'm sharing my floral card in the following challenges:

As You Like It Challenge Blog - Favorite Thing to do on Holiday - Beach or Not?  And Why?  I prefer not to go to the beach, and that's because I burn easily.  While I do enjoy walking on the beach and a few water activities, I'm not truly a "beach girl".  My holidays are spent primarily at home or with family members.  That's my favorite thing to do; especially now that we have four grandbabies.

Beautiful Blooms Challenge Blog - July: Optional Mood Board #7 - I did not follow the mood board, but I did share some truly beautiful blooms on my card.
What's inspiring you?  I'd love to hear.

Thanks for visiting me.
Karen

5 comments:

  1. yes that is a lot of years of friendship, your card is lovely and I am sure will be very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday: Beautiful card. I also Have Floral Cluster Summer Roses Stamp Set I totally Love all the products That Stamp Simply carries,
    love how you sewed the side of your Card.
    Have a Blessed Week.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I'm sorry for your loss, sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful, encouraging and caring card Karen, for a difficult time. Loss is always difficult - as the late Queen said, "grief is the price of love"
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card Karen, the purples are so soothing. Condolences on the passing of your friend. Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.