Friday, July 28, 2023

Life Is Sweet w/Really Reasonable Ribbon

Do you just LOVE macarons?  If you've never had a really good one, I suggest giving them a try.  They are a light, chewy and crunchy DELICIOUS little treat.   Not to mention, they are so pretty to look at.  They come in so many lovely colors, and they just sorta "call your name" if you know what I mean.  So, when I saw this adorable stamp set from the Colorado Craft Company, I knew that I had to purchase it and create some cards with it.  I also knew that, as always, I could count on Really Reasonable Ribbon to have the perfect trims to accent my cards.
I started this fun little card with a pink polka dot patterned paper from JilliBean Soup and a piece of basic white cardstock and I stamped the individual macarons in this stamp set (not the slimline stack of macarons that also come in this delicious stamp set) three times (for each card) and I painted them with my oxide inks in pastel colors.  I attached the macarons and all papers to my cards with pieces of Scor-Tape cut to size.
I wrapped a length of Cotton Candy Baker's Twine, Green Apple Baker's Twine and a piece of Purple Baker's Twine around the top of my card just under the sentiment.  I absolutely ADORE Baker's Twine and all the pretty colors of both striped and solids from which you can choose.  Aren't those wrapped lines of Baker's Twine just super fun?
I tied a pretty little bow with the Baker's Twine and attached a piece of washi tape to my card.  It's always so awesome to see just how much pizzazz a few simple lengths of Baker's Twine can add to a card.  And.....when it comes in well over 20 different colors, and costs just ten cents ($0.10) per yard, there's just no good reason not to grab a few colors.  Right?  Wrap them around everything.  They're just the sweetest trim ever.
My second card uses much of the same, expect this time I used a FUN digital stamp sentiment from Bonnie Garby Designs on my card.  I wrapped the sentiment piece with Solid Apple Green Baker's Twine, Solid Lemonwood Baker's Twine and Coral Baker's Twine and I tied the bow with the Coral Baker's Twine.  Each of my macarons is attached with Scor-Tape and/or 3-D Foam Tabs.  I also rubbed some Citron Oxide Ink on my card using a bubble/circle stencil.
Don't miss out on all the amazing trims and products available at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  There's also lots of great inspiration on the RRR Blog to help you find new and creative ways to use ribbons and trims.  Thanks so much for visiting today.

I'm playing along here in these FUN challenges that I enjoy:

Time Out Challenge Blog - Challenge #243 - Photo Inspiration (see below) - I was definitely inspired by the pink (pastel and soft tones) as well as the "Make & Create" sign AND.....I THINK the pink bucket up on the shelf says "Little Treats" (maybe???) so I'm going with that.  My second card is the Birthday card and the one I've entered into this FUN challenge.


Stencil Fun Challenge Blog - July Challenge - I used a circle bubble stencil on my second card using Lemonade and Citron oxide inks.  My Entry 3/3

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes" for this challenge.  This is my Entry 1/5

Seize The Birthday Challenge Blog - Challenge #266 - Anything Goes or Optional Twist: Inspired by a Book - My card is more of the Anything Goes theme, and I'm entering my second card (the birthday card).  I will say, however, that there is an actual book called Macaron School if you want to learn how to make these delicious treats.  So, perhaps my card WAS actually inspired by a book.  LOL
Have a blessed and creative week, everyone.

Blessings,
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Two sweet cards Karen - a fabulous stamp and beautifully used on these two beauties
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just the cutest and yummy cards!! We have a local girl that makes and sells macarons and they are delicious!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen...love your macaroons! The design layout is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Time Out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are just gorgeous Karen, I love the spots with the bakers twine, such gorgeous colour mixes too. Gorgeous designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such delicious looking cards! Love the layouts and fabulous colour combination. Terrific that you found a macaron book! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, those macarons look delicious! Love the colour scheme on the second card. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.