Sunday, May 5, 2024

Happy Birthday w/Whimsy Stamps

Welcome back by today, friends.  Thanks for visiting to take a peek at my next card created for Whimsy Stamps.  I'm having SO much FUN creating my cards using Whimsy Stamps products.  I hope you'll stop by to check out all the fabulous stamps, dies, papers and more that Whimsy Stamps has to offer.  I've been having fun just looking around at all their FUN stamps and goodies.  Here's what I came up with to share with you today.
I used black cardstock, mustard yellow cardstock, and a pretty floral patterned paper from the Calico 6x6 Paper Pad.  I stamped the cherries, berries, cupcake w/candy stick, and sentiments using the adorable Calories Schmalories Stamp Set.  There are so many cute images and sentiments in this darling Birthday stamp set.  It also has darling little candles that I didn't get a chance to use on this card.....but I will soon.  The green piece and the sentiment piece were both cut using two of the different sized frame inners from the Stitched Scalloped Frame Dies.
On the cupcake, I stamped the candy stick in red ink and added some ultra-fine glitter.  I added some Turtle Shell Pearl Embellishments and tiny yellow floral prills to the layers of the cupcake for texture.  Some red seam binding and green baker's twine are the finishing touches that I wrapped around my card and tied with a bow.
Be sure to visit Whimsy Stamps for a great shopping experience.  You can also find loads of fabulous inspiration on the Whimsy Stamps Blog, Whimsy Stamps Social Media, DT Members' Blogs, and DT Members' Social Media. You're sure to find something that excites you.  Thanks again for visiting me here today.

I'll be playing along in the following FUN challenges that I love and enjoy:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Feminine" so I added ribbon and baker's twine to create a pretty bow that I wrapped around this feminine card.

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #246 - I have Tic Tac Toe and then some!  I used Flowers, Twine and Ribbon, Gold, Patterned Paper AND Die-Cuts.  So anyway, I got my Tic Tac Toe down the right-hand side as well as diagonally, and few extras thrown in for good measure.


Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge Blog - Challenge #2417 - Beach Photo Inspiration - When I looked at the inspiration photo, I was drawn moreso to the green, yellow and red colors in the photo that popped out at me.  I incorporated that color theme into my card.  And by the way....I'll celebrate a Birthday at the beach any day, and I'll have cupcakes there as well!  LOL

DL ART Thankful Thursday Challenge - Anything Goes - I haven't played along here in a long time, but I respect Diana so much and I love all her wonderful inspirational art, challenges, fabulous products and just being a cool human being.  And who doesn't LOVE a good challenge?

Seize the Birthday Challenge Blog - Challenge #282 - Off The Edge Anything Goes/Off the Edge - I kinda took DT Member, Barbara's inspiration concept for my card and went "off the edge" of my diet when creating this card.  Whenever I go to a Birthday party, I don't ever say no to a good cupcake or piece of cake.  Unless it's that cheap whipped cream frosting....I can pass on the "average" stuff.  But when I know someone has made something DELICIOUS, I'm going OFF THE EDGE and I'm eating some!  LOL
What are you creating this week?  I can't wait to see.

Blessings,
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent card and I love the added ribbon and your cupcake looks delicious. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday. Love your interpretation of our topping too, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card with the yummy looking cupcake. I too like your interpretation of our "off the edge" topping. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen this is such a fabulous card - love your colour choices, especially the accents of deep red, and the frame over the mustard is perfect.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.