Thursday, June 6, 2024

Eat Cake w/Poppy Stamps

There's a FUN new challenge for the Month of June over at Poppy Stamps with the theme of "Take the Cake"; and as we all know, cake (even Birthday cake) is always better with Ice Cream.  Right?  While I do own several products from Poppy Stamps, I don't own the birthday cake die.  So, as always, I worked with what I do have.
I used a black cardstock base and then used white cardstock that I rubbed with Spun Sugar, Kitsch, and Ripe Raspberry Oxide Inks.  I used the Scalloped Stitched Frames Dies to cut the sweet frame for this card.  Next, I used the Heart Stencil and some Heavy Gesso to create the background which I sprinkled with chunky pink glitter.  The sentiment is from Paper Sweeties.
Underneath the sentiment strip, I bundled up some Metallic White Iridescent String.  The next thing I did was to cut the delicious Ice Cream cones using the Whittle Ice Cream Die.  On the tops (scoops) I used pressure embossed paper, and on the bottoms (cones) I used cork paper.  It's really a fairly simple card.
There are lots of fun stamps, dies and products over at Poppy Stamps.  I hope you'll create a delicious cake, ice cream, etc. card and come play along in this fun challenge.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I appreciate you so much.

Blessings,
Karen

P.S.  Here's where I'll be sharing my Ice Cream Birthday card:

Poppy Stamps - Challenge #117 -Take The Cake - As mentioned above, I used several products from Poppy Stamps including the Scalloped Frame Die, a heart stencil, and the Whittle Ice Cream Dies.

Inspiration Station Challenge - June: Inspiration Photo - I was inspired by the Birthday theme, the pink and the FUN.

Stencil Fun Challenge - July: Anything Goes/Optional Twist: Birthdays - I used a heart stencil with heavy gesso on my background, and also used the Birthday Option.

8 comments:

  1. A sweet card Karen (pun intended). Cake and ice cream together sound wonderful!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and yummy card all pretty in PINK!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I love the pink, making this such a beautiful girly and delicious card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea to use the ice cream cones for your cute card! I'm in the same boat with no cake designs from Poppystamps! No ice cream either! I'll see if I can get creative....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sweet card, Karen! The ink blended and stenciled background is so lovely with that sparkle from the glitter! And I agree: cake goes with ice cream like peanut butter goes with jelly! They are better together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy card, I love cake at anytime and nothing is better than a slice of cake with ice cream. This is a sweet card Karen, Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and inspiring us with your lovely card.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card - love all the pink sparkle and the great addition of the ice cream. A great take on our moodboard - thanks for playing along with us at Inspiration Station

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty in pink! The whittle cones are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.