Wednesday, September 25, 2024

We Can Do No Great Things.....

Do you still own some wonderful (but somehow forgotten and set aside) woodblock stamps?  Most of us started our stamping journey using woodblock stamps.  While I certainly didn't hold onto all of my woodblock stamps, I do have a small selection of them in my stash.  Every now and then I'll pull them out to create a card, and I'll quickly remember why I could never get rid of them.
This card uses basic cardstocks as the base.  I took a piece of white cardstock and rubbed it with Concord, Kitsch and Spun Sugar Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.  I also sprayed it with Black Soot Oxide Ink.  I overdid it a little with the spray.  LOL  Next, I used a fabulous old Hero Arts stamp to add the silhouette image.  I splattered the background with a bit of water.
Next, I made a matching sentiment strip by cutting the sentiment using my Fishtail Banner Dies from Stamp Simply.  The pretty 1/8" Black Silk Ribbon is also found at Stamp Simply.  It feels so nice in your hands, and you can quickly tell that it's really made of silk.  SO smooth and shiny.  I added some 3-D Foam Adhesive Tabs to the back of my sentiment banner to give it some dimension.
I'm excited to share my quick and easy woodblock stamped card in a few challenges where I love to play along when I'm able.  I miss entering challenges and I'm trying to get back into it.  Among other things, it's a matter of finding and prioritizing my time.  I hope you're having a blessed and creative week.  I look forward to seeing what you're making.  Come play along in some of these FUN challenges.  I'll see you out there in blogland, friends.

Blessings,
Karen

Here's where I'm sharing my card:

Amy T's Woodblock Wednesday Challenge Blog - I used two older woodblock stamps on this card.  One is from Hero Arts (silhouette of children) and the other is a quote by Mother Theresa from Annette Allen Watkins.

As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Die and Why - My favourite type of die-cut to use is almost always a sentiment die.  This can be either a banner, a circle or another shape; but we all need to showcase our sentiments and that's why a sentiment die is my favorite.  In this case, it was the Fishtail Banner Dies which I tend to use A LOT.

A Blog Named Hero - September Challenge: Anything Goes - I used an older Hero Arts stamp.  It's the darling silhouette children image.  I always enjoy using this darling stamp.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Karen. I also love silhouette images.
    Thanks so much for joining me this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember these older stamps but they still work to make a great card, I love the colorful background you created with the silhouette image and the fun sentiment too. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.