Friday, October 11, 2024

I Hope This Perks You Up

Any time I see a coffee challenge, I love playing along.  No need to wonder why.  It's because I love coffee and crafting.  I almost always have a caffeinated beverage next to me when I'm in my craft room.  It's my creative fuel, I suppose.  There are a few fun coffee challenges taking place right now where I'm excited to share my card; and I sure had a great time creating it.
I started with basic black cardstock for my base.  The patterned paper is from JilliBean Soup and I cut it with a curved edge (by hand) and inked it with Mowed Grass Ink.  The coffee cups I stamped, colored and cut were done using a very old stamp set from my stash from V's Sweet Ideas where I used to serve on the Design Team.  The tree stump, darling animals and leaves were stamped using the Woodland Littles Stamp Set from Hello Bluebird.
The little holly and ivy images and sentiment are from Paper Sweeties where I also served on the Design Team.  Yes, it's a blessing to have a large stash of stamps.  I used some crumbled styrofoam to create the "snow" on my card.  This is a trick I learned long ago from my creative friend, Esther.  She's always got a trick or two up her creative sleeve.
I'm excited to play along in these caffeinated challenges.  I hope you're creating some fun cards and having a happy week sharing your art out there in blogland and on social media.  Speaking of which, I'd love to have you come Follow me on Instagram as well as here on my blog.  Thanks so much for your visit today.

I'm playing along in the following:

Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge - Challenge #34 - Coffee, Christmas and Whimsical Winter Theme

TIME OUT Challenges - Challenge #274 - Photo Inspiration - Well, it's pretty clear how I was inspired.  They had me at coffee.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Add Some Texture" so I used shredded styrofoam to create some snow to give my card extra texture, and to make it more "Wintery and Christmassy".

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Use Patterned Paper" - I used an (older) green plaid patterned paper from JilliBean Soup at the bottom of my card.

Thanks again for visiting today.
Blessings,
Karen


1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable! I love all your gorgeous critters and of course the coffee! Thanks for sharing at Time Out Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.