Friday, December 9, 2011

A New Day

Well, today is a fresh start.  I got up SUPER early to take my oldest daughter to the airport.  She's off to Knoxville, Tennessee, to see some dear friends.  I'm hoping she has a super time, but my house is VERY quiet.  My precious little boy is still asleep (because we stayed up TOO late last night). 

I was making paper, and this card, for a new challenge blog I found yesterday evening.  It is called Cupcake Craft Challenges Blog, and here is a link to their lovlely blog:  www.cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com and you can read all about their current challenge, and all the fun at this blog.  They've challenged us this challenge to make our own background paper.  I have not made paper in a very long time.  It was a fun challenge for me.  I made a cream color, and inked it with a green Tim Holtz ink, used some Papertrey Ink stamps, baker's twine and buttons.

Here is a direct link to the challenge so that you can enter it as well:
http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/12/cupcake-171-diy.html - Challenge #171 "Do It Yourself - Create Your Own Backing Paper"

Party Time Tuesdays has a fun Christmas Greetings Challenge.  You can read all about their fun challenge by clicking on this link:  http://partytimetuesdays.blogspot.com/2011/12/winner-ptt43-and-ptt45-challenge.html - Challenge #45

I absolutely LOVE playing along at Frosted Designs - they always have a fun challenge.
http://frosteddesigns.blogspot.com/2011/12/fabulous-friday-challenge-glitter.html - Use Glitter (There is red glitter around the very edges of my image and sentiment, but you can just barely see it in the photo).

Here's another AWESOME FUN challenge blog you will certainly want to check out:
http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2011/12/y-is-for-yipeee-christmas-is-almost.html - "Y -is for YIPEE, It's Almost Christmas" - Anything Goes

http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/2011/12/challenge-147-card-with-sentiment.html - Challenge #147 - A Christmas Card With a Lovely Sentiment - Why not join in the fun since you're making all those lovely Christmas cards.  Hop on over to check out Crafty Creations.

http://thepixiecottage.blogspot.com/2011/12/pixie-cottage-challenge-99-last-minute.html - Challenge #99 - Last Minute Christmas Cards.  We're ALL working on those.



I made six of these little paper mache houses for Christmas.  The roofs come off so you can place cookies, candy, or a small gift inside.  They are just adorable, and I'm really happy with the way they turned out.  I am entering these houses in the SUPER FUN challenge over at City Crafter Blog.  You can read all about this challenge, and even enter it if you like, by clicking on this link:
http://citycrafter.blogspot.com/2011/12/city-crafter-challenge-blog-week-86.html - "Home For the Holidays" - This is a fun challenge where you enter a project with a house on it to symbolize how we all long to be "Home For The Holidays".  I know that my heart longs to be in my Mom's kitchen with her - baking cookies and talking - just like we did when I was younger.  This challenge really made me think of how dear and precious it would be to be at my childhood home for the holidays.  But I am grateful to be here in the home my family and I have built together.  But, my heart is there with my Mom at this special time of year.  Thanks, City Crafter, for a wonderful heart-felt challenge.

Thanks for dropping by today.  I always appreciate your comments, and will always be sure to visit your blog, and comment in return.  I also always follow others who follow me/my blog - it's just more fun that way.  Right?

Blessings,

Karen

28 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I'm so glad you discovered our blog. Your card is stunning and your handmade paper looks amazing. Great image and colours. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Denise x
    p.s. nearly forgot! Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Karen, your backing paper looks fab and I love the trees too! Thanks for joining the fun at Cupcake this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Karen... lovin' all that texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on your background paper, I love it...Your miniture house boxes are soooo darn cute. Someone will love getting one of those. You are such a wonderful inspiration to me. I love keeping up with your blog. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely, great work, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous houses ... just perfect for our challenge ... Thanks so very much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card!! Love your boxes too :) Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs for our Glitter challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Love the zingy tree in the middle too! Thanks for joining in with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, Come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful, thanks for your kind comments on my blog...................you are an inspiration so I became a follower hope you do feel the same about my blog
    http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card & box! Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Karen, love the paper you made!

    Many thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, love your background paper on your gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!
    Nancy - Pixie Cottage DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for the Crafty Creations challenge! Hope to see you again next week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH wow, wonderful project, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card and such a beautiful background! Thanks for joining in with us at Cupcake this week and good luck :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! I love that twine and buttons and the hint of glitter is perfect!!

    Thanks so much for playing along at Frosted Designs this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This is a terrific prolect! I love it!!
    And Thanks for visiting my blog and leave a sweet comment.
    I am your newest follower.:)
    ~darling Ho

    ReplyDelete
  19. what fabulous projects and a super blog ,i am now your newest follower and i have thoroughly enjoyed my visit
    ,thanks so much for visiting me and leaving such wonderful comments
    happy crafting
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Karen! Thanks for joining my blog candy giveaway ;D I am now following your blog, too. I love this card with the DIY background paper! It has such a beautiful vintage finish and paired with the clean lines of the stamped images, it creates the perfect balance. Really lovely! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow!! love these little houses!! amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What amazing houses.. They are soooo beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OLá...suas casinhas estão lindas...Parabéns...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card and those FABULOUS HOUSES! Thanks for joining us this week at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love these soooo much! So pretty. I probably won't get to these this year, but I am going to "pin" your post so I won't forget! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Forgot to mention you lovely card as well. I went back to actually read your post after swooning over your little houses and saw the other eye candy! Great job Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow I love the wrinkly texture and distressing of your background paper. Your card with the three trees is fabulous and I love the little houses you have made. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays this week.

    Danie - PTT Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.