Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hope For a Cure - Daydream Designs

As most of you are aware, it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  I appreciate the efforts of the various challenge blogs for making us all aware of this important issue.  But at Daydream Designs, we wanted to take it a step further and offer our HOPE, share some art, give you some FREEBIES, and let you know that we are PRAYING for a cure, and for peace in the hearts of those affected by Cancer and other serious illnesses.
The members of the Daydream Designs Dream Team join together as one voice on this one day in October to extend hope and encouragement to all those touched by cancer and other life-altering diseases or disorders, as well as their family members and loved ones. Every one of our Design Team Members has either personally battled cancer, or had a loved one (friend, family, etc.) who has been touched by it.  Some have witnessed the devastation of Alzheimer’s , or the struggles associated with Autism. Whatever the struggle, we have discovered the importance of hope and support.  We want you to know that we truly care, and that we pray for all those affected by these diseases.
We invite you to join us on this journey of hope, and as you visit each blog, it is our sincere desire that you will be inspired by the creative talents of our team as we each share our personal stories and powerful testimonies about our mighty God, Jesus Christ, who always with us through every trial we face. We’ve each designed projects using images and/or sentiments from the new Hope Endures series available at Daydream Designs.  There is an outline set available to create your own colored set, as well as these four primary colored lines:

Pink: Breast Cancer
Purple: All Cancer, Alzheimer’s
Yellow: Children’s Cancer, Bone Cancer, Military Support
Puzzle: Autism

http://lexiscreations.blogspot.com/2012/10/challenge-75-and-winners-of-74.html - Lexi's Creations Challenge Blog - Challenge #75 - Pink for Breast Cancer
 
When you visit Diane Noble's Blog, you will have the opportunity to download  four FREE IMAGES today only as a celebration of hope.  Each of the following Dream Team Designers have made some lovely cards and projects to inspire and encourage you using the Hope Endures sets from Daydream Designs.  I hope you will take a minute to visit them and say hello.

Diane Noble - Free Images Here
 
I want to mention the following people in my life who have been directly affected by Breast Cancer or other forms of cancer.  They are:  Marie Ensign (my step-mother who had breast cancer and brain cancer), Angie Mahle (my dear friend, Sheila's, sister - a truly wonderful and greatly-missed young woman), Paula Pike (Design Team Member at Word Art Wednesday), Tami Stumo (a childhood friend who died of liver cancer this year), Tami Stumo's son, John Stumo, who suffers from severe Autism and misses his Mama, Jennifer Scull (co-crafter and on-line friend), Virginia Hager (my dear sweet Aunt who died of Skin Cancer), and Sherri Cohout (has breast cancer and undergoing a masectomy this week).  Believe me, as we all know, I could keep going and going.  Unfortunately, this list is longer than any of it wish it were.  That's why we offer hope, and why we are praying for a cure.
If you get a chance, I could really use your VOTES.  Please go to:  www.redcarpetstudiochallenge.blogspot.com and in the right-hand sidebar, under the category of Punny Card Projects, please vote for me (Karen).  I need all the help I can get. . . .LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I really do hope that you will visit the blogs of these other lovely ladies who have prepared projects to show their support and their sincere HOPE for a cure.  Please know that we really do pray, and that we truly care, and that's why Diane has created these images.  We want you to know that the Lord, Jesus Christ, really does love you, and really does care.  He alone can sustain us through every trial we face, and we encourage you to "cast all your worries on Him because He cares for you".
 
Praying for a cure,
 
Karen

8 comments:

  1. You have such a sweet spirit Karen. You totally blessed me with your post today. I too have many who are touched by Breast Cancer and I volunteer with scrapbook workshops. They inspire me when they introduce themselves and tell how many years they have survived. My cousin is in remission now. She just took her last treatment. It's amazing how strong she is....It's her faith that keeps us going and I have faith that there will be a cure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. c'est adorable et très touchant, quelle émotion...biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....beautiful cards for October, which is breast cancer month, and what a way to honor women with such beauties!!
    wow!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are beautiful, Karen!! Such encouraging words and sweet tribute to those you know are suffering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, what a truly beautiful post.....and really lovely creations! I lost my dear Dad, 2 years ago, to stomach cancer, and so many friends and family to other types of this awful disease. I am so very, very blessed to be 5 years clear of breast cancer, but I know that so many are still fighting their own battles, and I cheer them on with every prayer, every fast day, every bit of hope and faith that I can muster. I thank my Heavenly Father and my Saviour for granting me so many rich blessings, and I count you as one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Karen. You have been busy and what wonderful and detailed creations.
    Thanks for sharing at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Karen! Catching up with my personal blog hopping. These are beyond beautiful. Each and every one a work of art. I love the way you added more text to the center one. Each one is simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.