Monday, May 20, 2013

Time to Celebrate at The Kraft Journal

It's Monday again, and time for another SUPER FUN challenge at The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog.  And this week, the theme is "CELEBRATIONS".  This could be a birthday, a new baby, a graduation, anniversary, or anything that causes you to celebrate.  I decided to make a card to celebrate the birth of a new baby!
Karen Letchworth for The Kraft Journal
I started out with a Small Luch Bag Kraft Notecard - these note cards are WONDERFUL for card-making.  By picking up some note cards, cardstock, or any of the items at The Kraft Outlet, you not only get some amazing products, but you are also able to play along in our challenges.  To join us, you either need to use products purchased (or won) at The Kraft Outlet, or use any Kraft items you may have on hand.  We LOVE seeing Kraft (and creativity)!!!  Next, I took a smaller piece of Buff Ivory Cover Weight Cardstock and four strips of Blue & White Polka Dot Washi Tape and stitched them to my base with blue thread.  The boat and car are Melissa Frances rub-ons, and the car is on top of a Silver Bottle Cap that I painted cream.  The (it's a) rub-ons are by Jenni Bowlin, and the (boy) sticker letters are Thickers.  I also added  some brown, black and blue Baker's Twine, and accented that knot with a Tim Holtz Memo Pin to give it that "edgy" look.

The Ribbon Carousel - Challenge #81 - Celebrations!  Since I made this card for a "Celebrations" challenge, and I really want to win a fabulous RIBBON CAROUSEL from The Ribbon Carousel, I am sharing this card in their fun challenge!
 
What are YOU celebrating this week that you can share in our challenge at The Kraft Journal?  We sure would love to have you play along with us.  We select a Top 3 each week, and those names go into a random drawing for a monthly prize of a gift certificate to The Kraft Outlet where you can pick from hundreds of amazing items for all your crafting needs.  Check out this awesome store and do some shopping!
 
Have a blessed week, and thanks for stopping by today.

Karen

8 comments:

  1. Love this Karen - the blue and white on the cream is so effective.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The little car on the bottle cap is a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this Karen! Such a GREAT celebration's card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh super joli et mignon! j'aime cette idée simple et trop chou, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Karen!! I love the bottle cap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, this is so so adorable~ I love the washi and the bottle cap! I have a ton that I need to use more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, love the layout and glittered letters you added.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cool boy card! I love the fresh feel it has!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.