Monday, August 26, 2013

Copy Your Favorite Designer at TKJ

For this week's new challenge at The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog, "Copy Your Favorite Designer", I knew right away that I wanted to recreate a card from a crafter I've been watching ever since I entered the card-making and scrapbooking world; and this is the lovely and talented Melissa Phillips of Lily Bean Paperie.  More specifically, I was inspired by this card Melissa created... "A Latte Love".  You will fall in LOVE with Melissa's sweet style if you're not already a fan.  I found it VERY appropriate that FOUR of our TKJ DT Members also chose to copy Melissa, and consider her their favorite designer.  It says a lot about her talent, and how she inspires people.
Karen Letchworth for The Kraft Journal
My card all started with a Lunchbag Kraft Note Card that I covered with some patterned paper and then added a strip of Pink & White Stripe Washi Tape.  Next, I took a Small Glassine Bag and filled it with colorful sequins to match my patterned papers.  I ran another length of the Pink & White Stripe Washi Tape up the side of the Glassine Bag that was covered with a little hand-cut index card made from a scrap piece of Lunchbag Kraft Cardstock.  I used lots of other goodies here from The Kraft Outlet including a Grungy Prim Tag and some Pastel Hemp Cord.  I also used some lovely Papertrey Ink die-cuts to make my flower, stem and leaves as well as some miscellaneous rub-ons, a tiny Making Memories white metal heart clip (stash item), a Cosmo Cricket banner sticker, and a tiny Making Memories pink button in the center of my flower that has a snippet of Pastel Hemp Cord in turquoise blue.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today to say hello.  I always enjoy having you stop by, and I look forward to visiting your blogs as well.  If you are able to play along in a few challenges this week, I really hope that you will join us at both The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog for our "Copy Your Favorite Designer" Challenge, and also at Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog for another fun Anything Goes Challenge.  You are most welcome at both!
 
Have a very blessed week!
 
Karen

9 comments:

  1. This is a really sweet card, Karen! Love all the layering and happy details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so adorable! I love the bag with sequins in it...what a unique and unexpected background! I also wanted to stop by and congratulate you on your win at Mark's Finest Papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Love the sentiment tag.
    Apologies for being MIA from time to time. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty. I like the bag with the sequins inside - what a clever idea. I will have to check out Melissa's blog to see what all the fuss is about.
    Have a great week!
    Sierra
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - love the sequins in the bag idea :-). I will be MIA for about a week as I have a short hospital stay starting tomorrow, and would covet your prayers.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, thank you so much for hopping over to my blog and leaving such a touching comment! You are such a generous lady with such a big heart! I do live in the USA, but I am sure that you will use the stamp set you won at MFP and I wouldn't want to take that fun away from you :) I am blessed to know you through blogging and I thank God that there are such wonderful people like you! If you have any other questions for me, feel free to email at bfiscus[at]nntc[dot]net.
    Thanks again,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your inspiration to create this card is stunning, love the colors and all the layering, gorgeous card...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Karen! Great fave designer pick! Wink!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.