Monday, September 9, 2013

Getting "Sketchy" at The Kraft Journal

Happy Monday, friends!  Today starts another fun challenge at The Kraft Journal.  This week, we're following a sweet little sketch that you can find on the blog.  I don't always do real well with sketches, but I gave it my best effort.  It's always interesting to me that everyone can be looking at the exact same inspiration sketch, and yet each person has their own unique take on it, and their projects will all look so individually different.  You will see what I mean when you see all the samples.
Karen Letchworth for The Kraft Journal
I started with a darling Lunch Bag Kraft Notecard - these notecards are AWESOME and I find myself using them all the time.  They come in two different sizes and include matching envelopes.  I used a simple floral patterned paper that I had on hand, and followed the sketch the best I could.  I added some hand-dyed scrunched seam binding in red and cream, and several other delightful embellishments from The Kraft Outlet including a Jenni Bowlin Office Chipboard Button that has some Natural Hemp Cord tied to its center, a Tim Holtz Journaling Ticket with a rub-on sentiment from Classy Cards 'N Such, and a little patterned paper flag that holds a Jenni Bowlin General Store Postage Stamp Sticker.  I always enjoy using my Kraft Outlet products because they just make card-making and scrapbooking a breeze.   I really hope that YOU will stop by and do some shopping at The Kraft Outlet to pick up some new goodies, and then come and play along with us in this week's "Sketch Challenge".  You can get some more inspiration on the The Kraft Journal Challenge Blog from my fellow Design Team Members.  To be eligible to win the monthly $15 gift certificate, you need to either use products purchased at The Kraft Outlet or any kraft products (such as paper bags, chipboard, kraft paper, etc.).
 
Thanks for stopping by to say hello today.  I look forward to seeing your cards this week, and I want to personally invite you all to share in our Sketch Challenge at The Kraft Journal and the Anything Goes Challenge at Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog.
 
Have a blessed week!
Karen
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my Karen This is stunning Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I saw your card somewhere in net, without knowing that it is yours, and I was sо much delighted. Then, I came hear and saw that it is You who made it!I like it very much - the paper, the red flower and ribbon, and the craft elements - it is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen love the way you have tied it all together with the ribbon and wooden button (pun intended).
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card and I love the DP you used. Perfect shabby bow and button added too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.