Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Draw Near To God

Hello, friends!  I hope that you're all having a great week and that you've been making some lovely cards and crafts to share in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday.  We would LOVE to have you stop by and link up your projects with us.  I always enjoy seeing what you've been creating.
This week at Word Art Wednesday, we have two amazing sponsors.  Mary from Moonlighting Designs is our digital sponsor, and she has the most lovely vintage images that will delight every crafter.  And Paper Temptress is offering a $25 gift certificate to their store to help you stock up on all the lovely papers you need for making cards and layouts.  I used three different papers from Paper Temptress on my card including the Digital Vellum (which is the paper my scripture/word art is printed), and also the Aquamarine Mica/Metalic and Opal Mica/Metalic which have a beautiful shimmer to them.

I also used a scrap of Dear Lizzy patterned paper, some Studio Calico wooden stars, a seam binding bow, Maya Road stick pin, and some machine stitching.  It's a fairly simple card, but these lovely papers really make it POP!

Have a blessed week, and I will look forward to seeing your art shared in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday so that YOU can be in the running for these AMAZING prizes we're offering.

I'm sharing my card here:
Faith, Hope and Love Scripture Challenge - Challenge #5 - I used Psalm 73:28 on my card

Just B Creative Crazy - April's Just Because Linky Party

Karen


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the bow and stitching always give such a lovely effect. I'm looking forward to using this word art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and sentiment. I've just recently learned about digital art and am still trying to figure the whole process out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful. Your seam binding bows are gorgeous and the pin really sets it off! Thanks for another wonderful scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed the stickpins on a few of you last very beautiful creations. I like the little stars, the way you gave the scripture prime time and as always you wonderful seam binding bow. Blessing's, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! mais que c'est charmant!! les petites étoiles sont trop belle, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the stitching that you often incorporate into your projects. It makes them so personal, and are very effective with Scriptural cards like this one. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen...Wonderful project this week and so great to see all the wonderful papers from our sponsor worked well in our projects. Love the pastel colors you incorporated here and always love the shabby chic style of your cards. Thanks for the sweet comment you left in my Blog. Love always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very elegant, Karen. I love the beauty of the ribbons and the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beauty Karen. Love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Karen. I've been a bit behind on commenting, so my apologies for being late. I'm slowly catching up and back in the groove. This is a gorgeous card. Those stars are amazing. Lovely, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen!! Your card turned out SOOO Pretty!!! Thanks for playing along with me at the Faith Hope Love Scripture Challenge!!! I love seeing your work.

    Aloha,
    Jen
    www.faithhopelove1cor13-13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the stars in this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it just beautiful love the stars you added

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.