Friday, November 21, 2014

A New Challenge at RRR

Each month at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog, we have not one; but TWO awesome challenges where you can share your projects using ribbons.  The challenge starting today is for Gift Packaging & Ribbon ideas, and our Design Team has some really amazing ideas for you.  I created my project using a dirty jar that I picked up at a garage sale for $0.25, and let me tell you - it was really dirty.  I encourage you to take a closer look at those jars you find at garage sales and thrift stores.  Don't look at what you see; but rather, think outside the box and imagine the item's potential.
So, I cleaned up the jar/lid, and scrubbed them until they were looking shiny and new (and sanitary....LOL).  And then, I painted the lid with cream acrylic paint.  Since it has that cool little handle on top, I thought it would be a great place to attach lots of beautiful ribbons from the October Ribbon Club Kit. 
I filled the jar with red and green (sour apple an cherry) Jelly Belly's (YUM!!).  That's an awesome gift all by itself.  But these gorgeous ribbons make it even sweeter!  I used several ribbons from the October Ribbon Club Kit including the Red/Green Plaid Christmas Ribbon, Snowflakes On Forest Green Ribbon, and some Ivory Tulle.  I also added an embellished tag that has some May Arts Burlap String/Jute as well as some Black Licorice Baker's Twine.  What a great Gift Packaging Idea!
We'd LOVE to see your Gift Packaging Ideas With Ribbon, and we warmly welcome you to join the fun by linking your creations to this great challenge.  You could be the lucky winner of the monthly ribbon club kit, and win all this gorgeous ribbon for yourself!

I'm sharing my project here:
My Craft Spot by Kimberly - Challenge #158 - 3-D Christmas - I couldn't resist linking up to this fun challenge to share my 3-D project

Classy Cards-N-Such - Challenge #59 - Christmas Blooms Photo Inspiration - I was inspired by the colors in the inspiration photo as well as all the ribbons and the red berries.  I used the GORGEOUS Crystal Ice Ultra-Fine Glitter available at Classy Cards-N-Such to sprinkle on my berries - You should check out all their fun products and play along in their challenge!

Inspired By Stamping - Challenge #88 - I was inspired by the GORGEOUS inspiration photo for COLORS.  I just loved the photo, and enjoyed using these sweet and traditional Christmas colors.  What a FABULOUS challenge.

Happy Crafting,
Karen

17 comments:

  1. Awesome project! I like how you showed the before and then the after! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME, Karen! What a fabulous project! I am going to take a better, different look at the jars at thrift shops!

    Thanks for sharing this great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Karen. I love how you've used all those ribbons and so clever of you to see the potential in a dirty jas
    Hugs, Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing Karen. Love the look of the finished gift, and those candies sound delicious.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Karen, what a gorgeous gift for someone to receive!! I love, love to re-purpose items and what a great way to use the jar, love the little "handle" on it, I would of bought it, too!! Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for joining us at "Classy Cards 'n Such" for our "Christmas Blooms"challenge!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Karen. Your little treat jar is so pretty. I love that lid and how wonderful that you were able to look past the dirt to purchase this jar. That lid was just perfect to tie a bow on. So happy you joined us for the Classy Cards and Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super sympa, très charmante attention, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute as pie jar full of goodies, Karen. So inspiring to see the use of a re-purposed item, and thanks for joining us at the Classy Cards n' Such challenge this week!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always get the best buys - lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous & Fun!!! love this idea!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun jar! I love your glittery jingle bells! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable! I wish I could get that lucky at a garage sale. Great find!
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! LOVE the fun ribbons you used! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely altered jar!! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.