Friday, April 3, 2015

Things With Wings Challenge at RRR

It's time for another super fun challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon, and this time our theme is THINGS WITH WINGS, and of course.......RIBBON!  If you haven't checked out all the fabulous ribbons and trims at Really Reasonable Ribbon, I highly suggest that you check them out.  Really Reasonable Ribbon has so many wonderful items that will help you embellish your cards and projects in style.  I chose to create a sweet little card and add some of my favorite Really Reasonable Ribbons.
The patterned papers are a combination of Crate Paper products, and the die-cuts (birds and flowers) are all from Pebbles Garden Party.  I added a scrap of 1.5" Natural Jute Ribbon to give the look of a "bird's nest" underneath my birdies, and I must say that I just LOVE this rustic trim.  I also added a Baby Pink Sweetheart Blossom to the flowers in their "nest".  Then, in the upper right-hand corner of my card, I made a FABULOUS bow with more of my lovely Really Reasonable Ribbon.
This bow was created with Pink Burlap String, Juliet Natural Crochet Lace, and May Arts Burlap Center Stitch in Turquoise, and it is embellished with Wild Orchid Crafts Deep Ivory Open Roses and Wild Orchid Crafts Open Roses Pink.  Our Design Team Members have each shared a lovely project on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog to inspire you, and I hope you will stop by to take a peek.  Once you do, you will definitely want to play along with us.  This is such a fun theme, and we really look forward to seeing all the amazing creations you will share whether it's birds, bees, air planes, or anything with wings and ribbon.  Have fun with this theme.
 
I wish you all a wonderful week, and thanks SO MUCH for stopping by to say hello and take a peek at my card.

I'm sharing my card here because it really inspired my color choices:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Pastel Colors - LOVELY!
 
Happy crafting,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. This is so darn cute, Karen! I love the bright colors combined with that pretty burlap ribbon. And tags are so much fun! Hope you have a happy and blessed Easter! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab image and details,this is gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. c'est tout mignon, un petit coté naïf très tendre et charmant, j'adore, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable birds sitting on their burlap nest... so pretty, Karen! Another fabulous bow, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card Karen - love your multi-layered bow!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely charming little card! I love how you've given it such great dimension with that amazing bow (love all its components) and that clever piece of burlap in the corner. The birdies are just adorable and the color palette you chose is so fresh and Spring-y! This made me smile and it is both elegant and whimsical. Amazing work here and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The two birds are so adorable on the burlap and love your colour choice. Lovely burlap ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.