Friday, August 28, 2015

It's The Little Things


Hello everyone!   Today I'm sharing a CAS card I made for CropStop.  Yes, you heard it right - ME making a CAS card.  I know it's hard to believe, but I really did it.  I actually like this CAS thing, and I need to try my hand at it more often.
I made this card using a My Favorite Things/Die-Namics Die Cut called Out On a Limb (which also has a matching stamp set).  Once I had the tree cut and in place, I added a simple banner with a rub-on sentiment.  I inked the edges of the sentiment with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  It really is "The Little Things" that make a card special.  You can keep it simple, and just add some ink to give it some personality.  Like I said, CropStop really does make it easy. I tied a few lengths of Natural Burlap String around my card, and tied it into a bow.  The layers of paper, as well as ALL the paper pieces on my card were attached using Tombow Permanent Adhesive.  This is an AMAZING adhesive, and it really holds your papers well.  I've been using it for years, and I HIGHLY recommend it.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to link up in our current challenge on the CropStop Blog.  If you refer your friends to play along, you can earn extra entries into a special give-away.  Check out the Linky Party for all the details.  Have fun creating, and I will see you soon!

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says Anything Goes
Blessings,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. What a stiking card Karen- I love it! The twine is the perfect accent
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely CAS card. Earthy colours and texture. Love it. Thanks for linking up at Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge :)
    Hugs!
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card Karen - love the tree!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.