Friday, May 20, 2016

......vintage challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon

VINTAGE  and this is a style that I absolutely LOVE!  I had so much fun using some of my favorite vintage items and giving my card a shabby chic feel.  I had no problem finding lots of sweet little vintage bits and bobbits in my stash to combine with some fabulous products from Really Reasonable Ribbon to create my vintage card.  I encourage you to do the same.   We sure would love to see what you might create to share with us.
The base of my card is a little bit shiny, and that's because it's the backboard packaging from a sheet of Pink Paislee Artisan Elements (the decorative whitish/cream rubber piece I used at the top of my button card) that I repurposed by cutting it to use as the foundation on my card.  It was the same perfect shade of pink as the Button Card.  To that, I added some Melissa Frances patterned papers, some narrow creamy vintage lace, and the Button Card I used is the repurposed backboard packaging from a packet of sweet little JilliBean Soup buttons.  One of the buttons that originally came on this button card is still in place on the card (top left) - it's the sweet creamy white button with a tiny pink gem in the center.  I love being able to repurpose old packaging as ephemera pieces on my cards.  Never throw away any packaging if it's pretty.  It's all recyclable, so be creative!
Once I had the base with all the patterned papers in place and had the button card attached, I added a few more pieces to the button card.  There's a small Melissa Frances sticker on the bottom left of the button card, and on the top right of the button card I placed a Maya Road ivory fabric rose with a Freckled Fawn felt pink leave and a white print Prima leave, and a snippet of turquoise tulle that I tucked in there to accent the fabric rose.  On the bottom right of the button card, I gently placed a Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue Spool Button (wood with cream and black).  Like I said, no shortage of vintage here!
Well now, let's just be honest.  My poor card would have looked bare and pitiful at the top if weren't for the BIG GORGEOUS BOW I added using some of favorite Really Reasonable Ribbon trims.  First, I ran a length of the lovely Bay Leaf Seam Binding across the top of my card.  Because it is so nice and flat, I was also able to add my rub-on sentiment directly onto the Seam Binding.  Then, I created a bow using one length of the Bay Leaf Seam Binding, and two lengths of the Cream Seam Binding.  I stuck a sweet Light Pink Miniature Sweetheart Blossom in th center of my Seam Binding bow, and stuck in two stick pins for an extra vintage touch.
I'm sure you've got something "VINTAGE" looking in your stash that you could use on a card or project to create and share with us.  Another great VINTAGE toouch is adding LACE to your project, and Really Reasonable Ribbon has dozens of beautiful laces to help you get started, as well as flowers, trims, seam binding and so much more.

We look forward to seeing all of your fabulous vintage projects.  Thanks for stopping by today, and be sure to see all the other great inspirational projects posted on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog today where you can link your projects.

Blessings to you all,
Karen

8 comments:

  1. this is simply gorgeous! I'm just loving all of the beautiful embellishments. You're inspiring me to pull out my girly embellishments and make something. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. simplement superbe, chaque détails est a sa place, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful Karen! LOVE the soft pastel colors....

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a precious card---enjoyed all your tips on recycling and relate so much as I get teased for all the thing that are saved for crafting. Thanks for the tip about placing the rub on on the seam binding---very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the adorable image and beautiful bow. Hugs - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very lovely! Wonderful image and sweet way to add the sentiment on the pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Karen - love the soft feminine colours and the gorgeous textures you have combined here to make an awesome vintage card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card you made it's simply stunning. So vintage and shabby chic. Love it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.