Friday, August 5, 2016

Anything But A Card with RRR

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm a creature of habit.  I tend to make a lot of the same things over and over again.  So.....our new challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon is an AWESOME way to help push us all out of our comfort zone and nudge us to create something a bit different,  Our theme this time is "Anything But A Card".  That literally means ANYTHING you can imagine, as long as it includes some sort of ribbon or trim.  For my project, I decided to create a paper bag pocket.  These sweet little treat bags are a fun way to give a gift card, tuck in some photos or a personal note....the possibilities are literally endless.  You just take a Decorative Bag and fold it half way up, machine stitch or glue it down to create a pocket, and then decorate it.  Once I had mine sewn down, I covered it with patterned paper and added lots of great trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
I ran a length of Debra Natural Crochet Lace across the top of the patterned paper, and a length of the 1.5" Pink Netting just above that.  I added half a doily, stickers, chipboard elements, and an ephemera ticket that's tied with Gold Metallic String and Teal Baker's Twine.  I tucked a tag inside the pocket that's tied with Gold Metallic String,  Cotton Candy Baker's Twine and Teal Baker's Twine.  Then, at the very top of the pocket, I attached a stamped sentiment on a journalling sticker and a small snippet of both Debra Natural Crochet Lace and 5/8" Satin Ribbon with Stitched Center in Robin's Egg Blue.  You may also notice that I added some sweet decorative Mulberry Flowers on the side including a  teal from the Blue Mix Open End Roses, a light pink from the Pink Assortment of Sweetheart Blossoms, and an Ivory Sweetheart Blossom.

We love having you play along in our challenges, and look forward to seeing what your creativity helps you create.  You can always be sure to find the PERFECT ribbons, trims, flowers and more for all your projects at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I'm linking this to the following challenge:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Simon Says "Celebrate" - This fun Birthday Pocket was made to help CELEBRATE a family birthday!

Have a fantastic week,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. That is so super pretty Karen - and could hold quite a bit in the way of tags and gift cards etc.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Karen! I guess it's true that great minds run in the same channel, because I just made a paper bag pocket for this month's blog hop. I did not realize you had made one for the challenge. Oops! It's super cute! Have a great weekend! xo kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paper bag pocket is lovely, Karen! I love all the different ribbons you used on your pocket and the original design. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.