Thursday, October 20, 2016

4 Crafty Chicks - Strength Within

Hey, peeps!  Today I'm sharing another card for my Guest Design spot at 4 Crafty Chicks, and the challenge theme for this week #321 is Strength Within.  When I received the themes for each challenge, I had some immediate ideas running through my mind for each one.  For this challenge, I knew right away that I would be sharing a card that reflects where I find my inner strength.  My strength comes from the Lord Jesus Christ, and I wanted to create a card that would help me relay that message.  When it's just me, I am weak.  But with God in my life, I have the strength to get through any trials that may come my way.   I used a Verve stamp to help me share this message.
My card was created using some sweet Crate Paper patterned papers and journalling card from their Pretty Party line.  I stamped this Verve sentiment onto the journalling card in Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot.  Then, I added some Sweetheart Blossoms, Wild Orchid Crafts Green Mulberry Leaves, green and pink Baker's Twine, and a yellow leaf stick pin.
I know that the other chicks over at 4 Crafty Chicks would love to have you stop by and share your cards that reflect where you find your Strength Within...whatever that may be.  It's always fun to play along in challenges, and this one will offer you lots of great inspiration and loads of fun.

I'm linking my card here....check it out:

Verve Stamps:  October Diva Inspirations Blog Hop and Challenge - I love these colors, and you can see each of them in my card.  I also used a Verve sentiment stamp.
Joy Clair - October Challenge - Color Inspiration Photo - I really like this color palette, so for this card, I incorporated the deep burgundy, powder blue, deep orange, and of course the black (accents and stamped sentiment).  I was also inspired by all the leaves and foliage in this inspiration photo.

Have a great day!
Karen

11 comments:

  1. Karen this is beautiful - love your papers and floral accents. The bakers twine is perfect with it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous papers, flowers and layout. Your sentiment is spectacular and very inspiring for this challenge. Simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. élégante, très jolie création, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Karen. You always inspire me somehow. Thank you for that.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job, great flowers for sure, and the sentiment is awesome, thanks again for being with us this month. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sentiment on your beautiful card! Great that you have discovered us, Karen and are playing with us at Joy Clair! Come back next time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! I love that sentiment and those flowers! Very inspiring! Thanks again for being with us this month!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Karen! Its been amazing having you with us this month xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just pure prettiness! Love all the little details. So glad you could join us for our Diva Inspirations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this card! I'm really loving the layers! Thanks for the inspiration! you are very talented! Here is my interpretation of this challenge: http://couponsahmiam.blogspot.com/2016/10/watercolor-cards-with-silhouette-mint.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.