Saturday, February 4, 2017

Guest Designing for Frantic Stamper

Hello, sweet friends!  Today I'm posting a card and pillow I created for Frantic Stamper.  I am doing a Guest Designer spot with them for a few months, and this is my first post to share some of Frantic Stamper's fabulous February die release with you all.  For this particular project, I used Frantic Stamper's lovely new Stitched Blooms and a sweet scalloped border edge using the Large Scalloped Edger Set
I cut the flowers from this sweet Stitched Blooms set from pieces of blue wool felt, and the leaves from green wool felt. I hand stitched each of the flowers and leaves with ivory DMC embroidery floss and tucked them in the sweet little pocket of my hand-stitched wool felt heart (the heart die is from Papertrey Ink).  
I also made a matching card with this set.  The sentiment (YOU) is a chipboard element that was placed on a tag cut from a piece of ivory wool felt using Frantic Stamper's new Nested Tags #2 Die Set.  I also ran a border across the width of my card using the scalloped edge from the Large Scalloped Edger Set.  You will see again that I cut flowers from the Stitched Blooms set from pieces of blue wool felt, and the leaves from green wool felt; and again I hand-stitched each of them with ivory DMC embroidery floss.  I just love the French knots I added.  They're so cute.  I hope you'll stop by Frantic Stamper to take a look at all their fabulous new dies and stamps in the February Release now available for sale.
I'm sharing this sweet card and pillow combination in the following challenges:

Outlawz Color Challenge - Gold, Teal and Black

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - The Color of Love - I chose this sweet hand-stitched heart.

DL ART - Thankful Thursday - Challenge #197 - Anything Goes (Optional Thanks)

Mod Squad Challenge - Hearts and Flowers Theme - My hearts and hand-sewn into the pocket in the hand-stitched heart (first photo).  What a sweet way to combine hearts and flowers.  Love it!

Thanks so much for visiting me today.  I'm always so incredibly grateful for your comments, and I hope you'll stop by again real soon.  I've been posting almost daily lately, and I love your visits because the comments encourage me so much.  I also hope you will ALL come by to play along with us at Word Art Wednesday with the THREE fabulous prizes up for grabs in this challenge. Don't miss all the fun.

Happy crafting,
Karen



14 comments:

  1. This is so nice Karen! Love the way you added the buttons.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty little gift ensemble Karen! Congrats on your design team spot!! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects Karen, I love your use of felt - very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your Guest Design feature, Karen! Well deserved! Your work is always A++++! These are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Everyone you know will want one, you'd better start cutting and stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous project Karen - love the way you have used the dies to cut and stitch in felt.
    Blessings
    Maxine
    p.s. Gorgeous french knots too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable, Karen! Love your pretty needlework, and the darling hearts with buttons! Your sweet card perfectly complements your felt heart pocket! Fantastic gift set! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning. I love all of the buttons on the front of the felt heart and the matching card is fabulous. Whoever receives this will enjoy it. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow--absolutely amazing work, Karen! Love the felt, colors, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous project, Karen. Love the stitching detail on the felt.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your Guest Designer position! Your card and heart pillow are so beautiful! I love all the buttons you used! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely adorable. Very creative....is it a pin? If not, it should be, unless it's too big. Anyway, I love it. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Mod Squad.
    Judy~ Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a beautiful heart and love the matching card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trop joli, j'aime le mélange de textures, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.