Saturday, April 15, 2017

Great is Thy Faithfulness

I've always loved the chalkboard technique and how it looks on a card.  I haven't quite mastered it yet, and I actually ruined one of my ink pads while trying to learn.  This card was a lot of fun to make, and I absolutely love this scripture (Lamentations 3:22-23).  I also love how pretty the pink and aqua pastels look against the chalkboard background.  It's always a good thing to try new ways of stamping and pushing yourself to learn new ways of creating art, so I really enjoyed making this card.
I used Cotton White InkRobin Egg Seam Binding and Vivid Pink Seam Binding, Sugar Sprinkle Sequins with miniature pearl accent stickers, and several Miniature Pastel Sweetheart Blossoms to accent this lovely chalkboard scripture on my card.  My base is black card stock that's heavily inked in white using the chalkboard technique, and I layered it with pink and aqua Bazzill cardstocks.  It's a bit messy, but I kinda like it that way.
I want to thank you Barbara at Mod Squad for her fabulous Youtube Tutorial, and thank YOU for visiting my blog today.  Please know that I greatly appreciate your comments.  I look forward to seeing your creativity when I visit your blogs.  I get so much great inspiration by visiting everyone and learning from you all.  I hope my cards encourage others as well.

Dare2BeArtzy - April Challenge:  Anything Goes

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Chalkboard Technique

As You Like It Challenge Blog - Favorite Card Base Shape & Why - I love the basic rectangle card shape because I can mail these cards in clear envelopes using a standard Forever stamp, and the card shows through the clear envelope for everyone to see.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Spring Color Challenge:  I incorporated the Pink and Aqua pastels from the color inspiration, and was also drawn to the sweet flowers in the inspiration photo.  I linked (above) my Simon Says Stamp products used.

Have a blessed day,
Karen

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Karen. Love the color combo and those pretty little flowers. This is one of my favorite verses. I quote it almost every day and sing the song with those words. Have a wonderful Resurrection Sunday. Praise God, Jesus is victorious over the Enemy and death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Gorgeous card Karen!!! Love the chalkboard technique and the colors!
    Happy Easter my dear!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I also love the colors you used- pink and any shade of blues : ) Your sentiment is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think you have nailed the technique, this is beautiful and the colours work perfectly.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are lovely as well as encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Karen for the lovely comments and the fantastic chalkboard design that you achieved on this card. It is just what I was thinking when I decided on the title of this challenge. Your sentiment and the (messy look) is just how it should look. The person that gets this card is so lucky. Good luck and thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Mod Squad Challenge.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.