Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Fun Post Card With RRR

Hello, and thank you for stopping by my blog today as I share a simple, but very sweet card I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I used three fabulous RRR products on this card, and they really make my card special (in my opinion, anyway).  Really Reasonable Ribbon is the BEST place to stock up on twines, trims, ribbons, embellishments, flowers, and SO much more.  I hope today's post will encourage you to stop by and do some shopping!

I used several old Crate Paper Restorations products on this card from my cherished super stash, including patterned papers, border stickers, chipboard button card, word sticker, and brad.  I recently pulled out my January, 2012 issue of Cards Magazine; and I found (and recreated) a fabulous card originally designed by Sarah Martina Parker.  By using what I had left of this lovely Crate Paper/Restorations line, I recreated this card as best I could.  I had to improvise here and there (especially on the stamps I used), but I came up with something to substitute for each of the elements I didn't have on hand.  It's fun being inspired by others, but we also have to always give credit where it is due.
I carefully inked the edges of my ivory Bazzill card stock base and attached all my patterned papers, sticker borders, etc., and machine stitched them into place.  I did some hand stamping at the top of my card using some of my older stamp sets from JustRite Stamps (Greetings From Paris) and Paper Sweeties (retired set).  The actual ivory w/brown print post card (or perhaps stamped) at the mid/bottom of my card was a gift from my sweet blog friend, Esther.  Once I finished my stamping and had all my patterned papers glued into place (with lots of fabulous Scor-Tape ), I ran a long length of Natural Solid Baker's Twine around my card a few times; and tied it into a bow.
I added a paper flower at the top left of my card, and I tucked a snippet of Ivory Natural Crochet Lace underneath the brad I put in the center of my flower.  I also used LOTS of fabulous Scor-Tape to hold this card together.  How fabulous is that Natural Solid Baker's Twine tied around my card?  I just LOVE it!  
I love how that piece of Natural Crochet Lace looks tucked into that flower.  This is a great way to use up little scraps of lace you might have left over after making another project w/lace.  Really Reasonable Ribbon has lots of great Mulberry Flowers that you can use as accents with pieces of Ivory Natural Crochet Lace or other ribbons and trims. 

I'm playing along here:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - "We're Going Around in Circles"- I have a circle brad, three circular buttons, and some stamped circles on my lower postcard.

Double D Challenge Blog - Flowers Galore - Even if it's a masculine card, I like to slip a flower on it anyway.  Flowers are awesome!



Thanks again for stopping by today!

Karen

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen. Love all the elements.
    Hugs,
    Em xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Flowers Galore’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen! What a beautiful creation! I am so drawn to your clever use of notions and the nostalgic feel of buttons on a card. The colors are gorgeous and I love the textures you've incorporated. It's always a treat to see your work and I'm so glad that you took the time to share this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the details and mixed elements! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous vintage style creation Karen - love your colours on this beauty
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative. Love all the elements. You just have a great way of putting them all together so they work. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.