Friday, June 30, 2017

I Heart You with RRR

Hello, all my ribbon-loving friends!  Welcome by my blog today as I share a card I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I used some patterned papers, stickers, and border stickers from a Crate Paper collection called Emma's Shoppe.  Once I had my patterned papers laid in place, I added half of a tea-stained doily and ran a width of Cream Seam Binding across my card.  I used the same Cream Seam Binding along with some Burnt Rust Seam Binding to tie a sweet bow that I topped with a 14 mm Round Acrylic Rhinestone Flack Back Embellishment.
The sentiment (I heart you) is a Melissa Frances rub-on.  I also ran a border strip (my first counting book) from a piece of patterned paper.  I used some Scor-Tape to hold all my patterned paper layers together, and there's some 3-D foam tape going on with the journalling stickers; but that's about it!  By the way, this is (yet another) card for my PRECIOUS niece, Alexa.  That's why I used the sticker with the #9 on it (cuz she's 9 now).  She always catches those little details in the cards I make for her.  I can't believe she will be 10 in July. 
If you haven't checked out all the fabulous Embellishments available at Really Reasonable Ribbon, you really need to check them out.  Not only do they carry every imaginable trim perfect for every project you can dream of creating; but they have the sweet touches and Embellishments to adorn them as well.  You can see that sweet Cream Seam Binding under my borders, and see how it shimmers and adds so much fabulous texture and personality to my card without being too terribly thick or bulky.  SO sweet, don't you think? 
I'm so grateful that you've stopped by today.  There's always lots of great inspiration on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog, as well as a FUN CHALLENGE where you can play along.  We look forward to your next visit.

Have a blessed week,


Karen

P.S.  I'm linking up here:

Southern Girls Challenge #163 - Ribbon and/or Twine - I used two colors of seam binding (ribbon).

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Karen - love the colours you have used!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, your card is gorgeous. Love that ribbon and the doily it is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful card, such great colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful birthday card Karen! I can see why Alexa cherishes the cards you make her! Love your color combo and all the elements you have added to your card! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.