Thursday, September 21, 2017

Teacher Thank-You Coffee Card

Hello to all my sweet coffee-loving crafty friends!  Welcome by again today as I share a card that I created for a friend who wanted a special card to give her daughter's teacher.  I knew right away that I wanted to use these Authentique papers I had picked up not too long ago at Tuesday Morning.  I used several of the patterned papers, picture card, and a sticker from the set.  I also cut a doily using a Spellbinders doily die and used half of it on the front of the card, and the other half on the inside of the card (which I also decorated to tuck in a Starbucks gift card).  I added an ivory seam binding bow, with a Memory Box tiny tag stamped with "thanks" from Paper Sweeties Thanks Berry Much Stamp Set and attached it with Solid Red Baker's Twine.  There's just a bit of machine stitching on the front as well.
On the inside of the card, I added a mini kraft bag and tucked a Starbucks gift card inside.  I decorated the little bag with patterned papers, a Paper Sweeties sentiment from the Keep Calm and Drink Coffee Stamp Set and the coffee cup from the Keep Calm and Drink Coffee Sweet Cuts.  I also tied some Black Baker's Twine to the Starbucks card.
Here's where I'm playing along:



Coffee-Loving Cardmakers Fall Blog Hop - Anything Coffee, Tea or Cocoa Related


ScrapyLand Challenge Blog - Challenge #74 - Anything Goes - I used a Spellbinders/Momenta doily die, and I cut it in half; using one half on the front and the other half on the inside of my card. I also used a Memory Box Tiny Tag on the front of my card.

Just Keep On Creating - September Anything Goes Link-Up

Thanks so much for visiting.  Don't forget about my GIVE-AWAY of a free stamp set.  You can comment to win.  Details are here on my previous Coffee Blog Hop posts

Karen.

33 comments:

  1. Another fabulous creation - pass me the gift card please - hehehehhe - the teacher will love this - I know - former teacher here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet teacher's card Karen! LOVE these papers - I will definitely be looking for that pack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ... inside & out! Love the ABC paper you used. I love anything scripty like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card inside & out, Karen! Love how you created a pocket for the gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this would be so perfect for a teacher gift, I love that paper you used on the cup :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous fun card! Love the beautiful inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, this is a great card. Perfect for a teacher and they love teaching and coffee a latte, hehe. I actually got my daughter a t-shirt that has that because she is a 4th grade teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that teacher thank you, and the tiny gift card bag inside is so sweet! Love the vintage look. Thank you also for always leaving such thoughtful comments on my Flickr account projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card Karen - a great image, love hime counting on his fingers! What a lovely gift voucher pocket too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! That'll be one lucky teacher for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a neat card, love the interior.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Karen! This is a great way to show off the coffee gift card in a card! Love it!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are adorable, Karen. I'm sure the first card will be a big hit with the teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful layering, and I love that the inside is just as pretty as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen, attractive, elegant... thank you for sharing your great ideas and designs and thanks a lot for visiting in my blog. Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen, Love this card. Great idea and fun papers and dies. This is so creative and love the way your mind creates.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable Teacher card, I love the coffee cup made with the blackboard paper! I am sure your daughter's teacher appreciated your thoughtfulness! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card. Your designs are so special and always have lovely detail. That gift card holder inside is the perfect touch and great way to present a little present.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karen, I love this card. Using the bag for the card holder is brilliant! The design is wonderful and all the details are perfect, I'm really loving all the wonderful texture they add!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect card for a teacher inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the retro style and a great pocket for a coffee goodie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute card for a teacher, fun papers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a wonderful vintage feel!! Great job
    Thanks for sharing!!
    ~Shanna
    www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this Karen, you are all having so much fun with the coffee themed cards.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
    Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is like two amazing cards in one. The front is so cute and i just looooove the inside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another fantastic card! Beautifully decorated and I love the kraft bag for the gc.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely darling Karen and what's not to love about a coffee gift? Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapy Land. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.